y/n, you're a fine girl | stiles

{yes, you've seen this one before too if you read the stiles imagines book, i'm just moving them to this one. :)}

Stiles was driving you home in his jeep one night after he'd taken you out on your regular Friday date night when his favourite song came on the radio, Brandy (you're a fine girl).

His fingers drummed across the steering wheel as he hummed along, glancing over at you every so often and smiling when he saw you looking back at him.

The chorus came along and Stiles began singing, replacing 'Brandy' with your name.

"Y/n... you're a fine girl, what a good wife you would be." Stiles sang, singing the rest of the song at the top of his voice as you laughed but also admired how adorable he was as he kept singing.

At the end of the song he lowered the volume down and pulled over at the side of the road, he turned to you and smiled as you looked at him with concern, wondering why he'd pulled over.

"You know... when I was singing that song, I meant it, like really meant it." He said, reaching over and taking hold of your hands.

You turned to him, even more confused.

"I think you'd be a really great wife... one day I'd like you to be mine." He smiled sheepishly at how cheesy he thought he sounded.

His words made your heart melt at the thought, "you would?" Your voice came out higher than expected.

"I think about it a lot more than you would think, y/n," he admitted, blushing slightly, "and yes, I would want that more than anything in the world."

You had to admit that you had thought about it too, your future with Stiles, you just never thought it'd be a topic you both talked about.

"I'd like that too, Stiles," you squeezed his hands tightly, "I'd like it a lot."

Stiles' honey, brown eyes lit up as you spoke, his smile stretching widely, "wait one second." He said as he got out of the jeep and ran around to your side of the jeep, opening the car door for you and holding out his hand for you.

"What are we doing?" You asked as you took hold of his hand and stepped down onto the road.

"Just wait a second, trust me." He said as he searched through his cd collection in the glove compartment, finally stumbling upon one you'd given him- a mixtape of your favourite songs.

He inserted it into the jeeps radio and skipped ahead a few songs, finally landing on your favourite slow song. He turned the volume up and turned to you.

Stiles reached out and took hold of both of your hands gently, rubbing his thumbs over the back of your hands.

"Y/n... I love you so much, and we've been together for two years now... I wanted this to be a special moment, and I don't think it could get much better than this, the stars shining above us and obviously the jeep here too, my baby," he laughed as he stared admiringly at his jeep, "on a serious note, I have something I want to ask you."

Without any hesitation he got down on one knee and looked up at you, still holding your hands, "y/n... y/n l/n, would you make me the happiest guy on earth and marry me?"

You looked down at him, at the admiration he held for you in his eyes and you nodded, tears filling your eyes, "yes! a thousand times yes, Stiles!"

He stood up and wrapped his arms around you, swirling you around, "I couldn't be more happier than I am in this moment, y/n."

You squealed as he swirled you around before he placed you back on the ground, "me too, Stiles!"

He pulled back for a moment and looked at you directly with those puppy, brown eyes, "I'm sorry I don't have a ring... but I promise as soon as we get home I'm gonna get you the prettiest ring fit for my girl."

"Stiles... you don't have to." You smiled.

"I do, you deserve the best and only the best." He said, slowly leaning towards you before pressing a kiss against your lips, his hands caressing your cheeks as he pulled you closer to him.

"I love you so much, Stiles." You said softly as he pulled away.

"I love you too, y/n. You're my whole world." He whispered as he rested his forehead against yours.

You both ended up dancing slowly to the song playing on his jeep radio through the night under the stars, also being illuminated by the headlights of the jeep.

***