moving in | dylan

the moving van parked up on the curb of your new home, dylan stopped his car behind it and got out. he stood for a moment, leaning on his car as he admired his new home, you got out of the passenger side and took in the beauty in front of you.

"shall we start moving the boxes inside, miss y/l/n?" he smirks as he looks over at you.

"of course." you smile back at him.

***

dylan opens the back doors of the van and hands you one of the light boxes, the van driver offers to help but dylan politely declines, "thanks, but i kinda want this to be something me and my girlfriend do together, you know?"

dylan lifts one of heavier boxes and takes it inside, repeating this until there were only a few boxes left in the back. he starts walking down the pathway towards his new home when one of the boxes splits at the bottom and it's contents fall all over the ground.

he lets out a groan as he kneels down to pick up everything that fell out, he stops when his hand hovers over an upside down picture frame. he picks it up and flips it around, a smile finds its way to his lips as he sees the picture is of you and him on your first date.

he remembers it well, his friend, tyler, and his girlfriend had invited dylan on a double date to a new restaurant that opened up in downtown l.a. he had to pluck up the courage to ask you to go with him and he couldn't believe it when you said yes. tyler had taken the photo to commemorate your first date.

dylan heard footsteps heading towards him, the light patter of your converse hitting the gravel, "dylan?"

he looked up and smiled, "look what i found," he turned the photo around and showed you, "our first date."

you crouched down next to him, taking the frame from him, "wow... i remember this." you smiled fondly at the memory.

"it got me thinking, how about we go grab ourselves some dinner once we've finished putting these boxes in the house?" he suggests.

"i'd love to." you smile, beginning to pick up the other bits that fallen from the box and carrying them inside.

half an hour later dylan pulled into a parking space at the restaurant you ate at on your first date, "it hasn't changed at all." dylan chuckles to himself.

you got out of the car and dylan walked towards you, holding out his hand for you to take, "ready, love?" he smiles, showing his adorable dimples.

"absolutely." you smile, taking hold of his hand as you walk into the restaurant together.

***

thoughts so far?
p.s i know these imagines are only short, but they'll get longer, i promise :)