i did it for you | dylan

Before you read, please don't be offended - it's just my opinion on smoking (main theme of this imagine) but I respect other opinions :)

After a long day on set, you and your boyfriend Dylan went home and made your way up to the roof of your house in the hills of Los Angeles. On warm nights like this you'd both sit up on the roof and watch the sun set over the city.

He handed you a beer that he'd carried up as he sat next to you.

"Today was exhausting." Dylan complained, you'd both been up early to start filming on location in a desert.

You'd been dating Dylan for a year before you both decided to move in together, deciding you were both in it for the long haul. Then you were both cast in the same movie together, the director loved you both so much in your previous projects and your on-screen chemistry didn't need to be faked.

"Yeh, but at least we get to spend more time together." You smiled as he turned to look at you, he flashed his adorable lopsided smile.

"True, without you I don't think I'd be able to cope." He chuckled.

After a while of staring out at the city, watching the sun set, Dylan reached into his pockets and pulled out a small box of cigarettes and a lighter. As soon as you caught sight of them you groaned in disgust.

Dylan looked over at you, the items still in his hands, "what's your problem with them?"

"You know I hate them, Dyl." You sighed, you knew he got stressed a lot but you wished he'd find another outlet for it instead of smoking.

"Why do you care about it so much?" He asked, obliviously.

"Because I care about your health, Dylan!" You exclaimed, he looked taken aback by your outburst, "I care because I love you."

Dylan looked away, biting his lip to stop himself from saying anything he'd regret, he hated fighting.

Instead you climbed down from the roof and climbed through your bedroom window, you took a shower to cool off and then put on one of his long t-shirts to sleep in.

Meanwhile, Dylan was still sat up on the roof, he looked down at the objects in his hands, his grip on them tightened before he threw them aside. It wasn't worth fighting with you about it, you'd always made your feelings about him smoking clear but he was riled up from the long work day.

When the sky grew dark he climbed back through the bedroom window to see you already asleep in one of his shirts, a small smile flickered across his lips. He realised he'd do anything for you, he let out a sigh as he threw the box of cigarettes and the lighter into the bin in the bedroom before getting ready for bed.

In the morning he was the first one to wake up, he got out of bed and got ready before going for his morning run. He took a different direction and headed to the pharmacy to pick something up before heading home.

When he got home he made you breakfast and brought it up to the bedroom, he sat on the edge of the bed waiting for you to wake up.

You rolled over and felt the presence of someone sat next to you on the bed, opening your eyes slowly you saw Dylan smiling softly, "good morning, y/n."

"Mm, Dylan, why are you awake already?" You asked sleepily.

"I needed to run some errands, but I made you breakfast." He said softly.

You sat up slowly, noticing the tray full of pancakes and waffles, a large smile formed on your lips, "you're too sweet, Dyl."

"What kind of boyfriend doesn't treat their girl to breakfast?" He asked, chuckling lightly.

You'd woken up properly now and you noticed a small white patch on his arm, "what did you do?" You asked alarmed, worrying he'd hurt himself.

"Nothing." He grinned.

You examined the patch and your eyes widened when you realised what it was, "is that a nicotine patch?" You asked him hopefully, looking into his honey-brown eyes.

He nodded sheepishly, "yeh... I thought about what you said."

"Why would you do that?" You asked quietly.

"I did it for you, y/n. I want to be healthy... and with your help I can quit." He said, looking at you intently.

You smiled, leaning towards him and pressing your lips against his quickly, before he could kiss you back more passionately you pulled away, "later," you teased, "first, we eat." You took the tray of pancakes from him and began to eat and he grabbed one of the waffles and ate it whilst smiling to himself.

***