red string | stiles

As you lay on Stiles' bed watching him connect his theories and pictures together on his detective board with different coloured string you twirled some red string around your fingers mindlessly.

After a while he finally turns around and notices you staring, "what are you staring at, y/n?" He teases as he walks over to you and crouches in front of you.

"You." you admit, smiling softly.

His lips curl into the lopsided smile that you loved so much. You'd been dating Stiles for a year now and you'd always be at his house helping him with his detective board or watching his favourite films, Star Wars, together. Just spending time together was enough for you, you didn't need expensive dates to be happy.

"Well, I can't deny that I'm nice to look at." He chuckles, his eyes flicker down to the red string intertwined around your fingers and he begins unravelling it slowly.

"Y/n..." he says softly, his voice low, "there's something I've been wanting to ask you for a while..." he trails off as he gazes into your eyes with his whiskey-brown ones.

"Yes?" You reply quietly, it was only the two of you but moments like this were your favourite. It was just you and Stiles close together, not doing anything- just talking and enjoying each other's company.

He'd unravelled the string by now and he held it in his hands, he took hold of your left hand and rubbed this thumb over it gently, "I know we've only been together for a year... but I'd very much like to be with you for the rest of my life..."

You could feel your heart flutter as he spoke, his eyes never leaving yours.

"So, y/n, will you do me the honour of making me the happiest man on earth and marrying me?" He asked, his eyes were filled with so much love and hope that you nearly melted as he asked.

"Yes! Yes, of course I will, Stiles!" You exclaim, sitting up and wrapping your arms around him. His arms wrap around your back and pull you closer to him.

"I love you so much, y/n." He muttered into your hair as he nuzzled his head into your shoulder.

"I love you too, Stiles." You reply, running your hands through his soft, brown hair.

He pulls away after a moment and takes hold of your hand again, he pulls out the red string and wraps it slowly around your ring finger.

"The red string of fate..." he whispers quietly, then he suddenly stands up as he gets an idea, "I'll be right back."

You watch him as he rushes out of his room and downstairs, his voice is muffled as he must be talking to his dad.

"Dad... I've proposed to y/n." He grins as he tells his dad.

"That's great son! I assume she said yes?" His father chuckled.

Stiles nodded, "yes, she did... but the thing is... I don't have a ring, and I know we've never talked about it..." he trailed off as his dad realised what his son was asking him for.

Noah nodded as he stood up and walked towards a large cabinet, he opened one of the drawers and pulled out a small, black box.

Stiles felt his heart sink slightly but this was what he wanted.

His dad turned to face him and his eyes looked teary, "your mother would've loved her." He said as he handed Stiles the box.

"Thanks, Dad." Stiles nodded, almost getting slightly teary himself before running back to you.

When he stood in front of you he knelt down on one knee, "let's do this properly, shall we?" He smiled, holding out the small black box.

He opened it revealing a beautiful silver ring encrusted with small diamonds, you gasped as you realised who's ring it was.

"Stiles..." you trailed off, shaking your head, "I can't accept that."

"Please, y/n... I want you to have it, okay?" He said sincerely before taking hold of your left hand.

"Y/n, will you marry me?" He asked again, taking the ring out of the box.

"Yes." You nodded, watching as he slid the ring onto your ring finger above the red string.

"I can't wait to call you my wife, y/n." He smiled before placing his hands on your cheeks and kissing you.

"I love you, Stiles." You said after he pulled away, resting your forehead against his.

***

i finally wrote the christmas imagine i've been wanting to write for this book! can't wait for you guys to read it :) for now you'll have to enjoy these stiles imagines that you may or may not have read from the other stiles imagines book that no longer exists lmao

dylan o'brien imagines जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें