:37

M i r a c l e' s   p o v

I drive down the snowy road with tears streaming down my face. What I can see I'm going 60 miles per hour. I don't stop driving. I keep driving not knowing where I'm going. I have this huge lump in my throat that I can get rid off. Its killing me and I need to let it out. I keep driving and stop at a red light. A car drives next to me and horns at me. I lower the window down like he did. It was Hayes.

"Miracle,what are you doing here? I've been searching for you everywhere."Hayes says.

"I escaped."I try not to crack my voice.

"Why? Your dad never came home and I'm worried he did and he doesn't find us. Let's go."Hayes says.

"Hayes, I can't. Jason killed my dad back in California and.."I pause and remember everything that Jason told me back over at the house we're supposed to stay.

I break into tears and Hayes just stares at me in sadness. I put my head on the wheel and cry my eye balls out.

"Miracle, the light is green and we have to go. I'll take you to a hotel and we could talk there,alright?"Hayes says.

"Y-yeah sure. Just follow me."I say.

"Alright. I'll meet you there."he says.

I start driving 6 miles from here and stop at a hotel. I get out of the car and seconds later a black Mustang pulls up next to me. Hayes gets out of the car and approaches to me.

"Hey,what's wrong?"he asks sweetly.

I run up to him and attack him with a hug. At first he seems surprised but then he hugged me back and stroked my hair.

"Shh,it's okay. I'm here."he whispers.

"I just want to get out of here."I say in between sobs.

"Listen,no one can get out of this world. Your gonna have to face it. Everyone wants to get out but one day,your gonna want to stay here because you might of done something amazing that changed the world. Think about that."Hayes says.

I nod in between his chest and break the hug. I wipe my tears with the sleeves of the hoodie. Then realize I'm wearing Jason's hoodie. I groan and roll my eyes.

"That jacket is Jason's?"Hayes asks.

"Yes. He made me put it one when we got here. I refused wearing any of his shit and when I tried getting myself sick he put this hoodie on me."I say.

"Well,no one likes getting sick."Hayes shrugs.

"True. But I could get sick and probably die."

"C'mon,don't think like that."

"Well it's true. Why do I want to be this cruel world where there is a lot of cruel people making you feel bad."

"Just don't think about that okay? Now are you gonna stay here tonight?"Hayes asks.

"I want to but I don't have any money."I say emptying my pockets.

"I'll lend you some."he says taking out his wallet.

"No,no! It's okay,I'll just-"I stop then notice something inside of the car.