:44

Jason's pov

Since Mar was taking a fucking long time on looking around the store to buy something for the guys ,I decide to use that time and find something for Mar. I went to every store and try to find out what she might like. It's hard to find out what does the love of your life really wants ,cause you feel pressured and worried that he or she might now like the gift you got them.

I went inside a jewelry store and looked around till my eyes landed on a beautiful necklace with a heart shaped locket and diamonds around it. Then an idea popped in my head.

"Do you need help sir?"

I turn around and see a middle aged man with a tuxedo on a bright smile on his face.

Do people in jewelry stores always wear suits just to show the people that they make more money working at a jewelry store than what they do for a living?

"Um, yes actually."I say looking at the necklace.

"What do you need help with?"he asks standing next to me.

"I wanna know if you can do something with this necklace."I ask, pointing to the necklace with the heart locket.

"Do you want a carving?"

"Yes ,please."

"Alright, follow me."

I follow the guy in the suit to a desk and a woman. He takes out a box and opens it, reveling the necklace that I want.

"What would you want on the necklace?"he asks taking out the necklace from the box.

I told him what I wanted it to say on the necklace and he nodded. Handing the necklace to the woman from the front desk ,i turn around to look outside the store and see Mar looking around hall.

She's looking for me.

"Greta, go take the necklace to the back and tell the crew to carve what ever the young man wishes on the locket."the guy tells the woman in the desk.

The woman scurries on to the back and I follow the man in the suit to the cash register.

"You total will be,"he says typing on the cash register,"$15,643."

I almost choked on my own spit when I heard the digits. How can a necklace cost that much?

I take out my debit card and he scans it rapidly. I tap my foot impatiently ,I can see Mar on the corner of my eye, looking for me outside the store and I was starting to get impatient. Mar was close to turn around to the store where I was in and I immediately drop my shopping bags and duck down. Luckily, the counter was covering me from Mar. I waited for a while and stood up and picked up my bags. The man in the suit eyes me suspiciously ,then turned back to the cash register and taking out the recite from the machine.

I'm so greatful that she didn't see me.

"Here you go sir. The necklace will be ready in no time. "

'No time' my ass. I waited for at least 39 minutes in the store waiting for the necklace. They finally handed me the bag and thanked them. I put the bag inside one of the shopping bags I had ,for Mar not see it and immediately think it's for her. It is ,but I don't want her to find out what her present is.