Imagine- Jim Gordon

Jim and I have been trying to have a baby for three years now, but we keep getting let down. So, we filed for adoption a year ago. Today is the day that we will finally get to meet our daughter and take her home with us. She just turned five and her name is Natalie. "Is everything ready?" I asked my husband as I grabbed the car keys. "Yup. Her room is all organized, everything's clean, I think that's it." He pulled me in for a hug, "Don't worry, everything will be alright." I nodded my head. "Well, let's go.." We got in the car and headed to the foster care facility.
                             ~~~
"Here she is!" The caregiver said as Natalie walked into the office. Jim and I stood up and then crouched down to greet her. "Hi Natalie!" She just looked at me, then at Jim, confused. "Hi..." We both smiled at her. The caregiver came over to her, "These nice people are your new family, your new mommy and daddy." Natalie smiled the widest smile that I think I have ever seen, and at that moment, my heart was complete. Jim and I looked at each other and smiled. Then, the unexpected happened. Natalie came over and hugged us. We both chuckled with joy and hugged her back. "Now, are you ready to come home?" I asked her and her mouth formed and 'O'. "Yes, yes, yes!!" She screamed, excited.
                             ~~~
When we got home, Jim brought her to her room, with me following closely behind. "Here's your room!" She gasped, "Princesses!" She looked at everything in awe, because we decorated everything in Disney princesses. Jim put his arm around my waist as we watched. "This is the most joy that I have experienced in a while." He whispered in my ear. "Me too." I smiled at him and we kissed. "Ewww! Mommy and daddy kissed on the lips!" Natalie made a face at us and we laughed.