Another World *Part 2*

As requested by eleven_in_gotham
This * means that time has passed

With my legs crossed on the coffee table in front of me, I dried my newly painted nails. The girls are still sleeping and I have been up for hours, just doing normal morning things.

I heard someone yawn and I glanced up to see Tabitha walk into the room. She sat down beside me and glanced at my nails. "Pretty." She said and laughed. It was a bit ironic that I was painting my nails in the middle of a 'war'.

"Thanks. I hope you all don't mind, but I ate some of your cereal. And I used your nail polish." She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't really care. You don't have anywhere else to go, do you?" I shook my head no and she nodded, "Well, your free to use anything here because I don't really like Sofia and you seem really cool." We both laughed.

***Some time later...

"Why don't we attack from the inside out?" The girls stopped their bickering to look at me. I hadn't added anything to the conversation, mostly soaking it all in, so they were surprised when I spoke up all of a sudden.

"Sofia already called that one." Selena said. We all glanced to her and she cleared her throat, "Well, I've completed most it. However, you have a connection with Oswald that I may not have. He doesn't know you're working with us, does he?"

"No." I was lying, of course. He saw me standing beside them when he blew up the kid. But, I have to go along with them, to give Oswald his information. I feel pretty bad, as you can imagine. 

"Perfect. Then you'll try to make him fall for you?" I agreed to do so and I listened as they planned some more.

**At Oswald's Club**

"I admit, I was a bit surprised to see you come back." Oswald grinned as he poured some wine into our glasses. I laughed, "Cheers." We both said and clinked our classes. "We say cheers, but the war goes on?" He shrugged his shoulders, "However many days I get to celebrate and be merry, I take 'em. It keeps the blues away, at least somewhat."

I giggled while biting my lip and staring at his gorgeous face. The wrinkles when he smiles may be looked upon as a flaw to many. But to me, they are a beautiful addition that many others should have.

"So... what's the news that I should know about? Have they said anything yet?" I glanced around the room, just to make sure that no one was listening in on our conversation. "They are still using Sofia's method: attacking from the inside out. That's all I've got so far." He nodded, processing what little information I gave.

My fingers traced their way up his arm, over his shoulder, and to his cheek. I rubbed against it delicately and our eyes locked. I felt a pang of something in my chest. Guilt, maybe? Or maybe, just possibly, it might be... love? He leaned in and so did I, and before we both knew it, our faces were inches apart.

I thought it would be less nerve-wrecking than the first time, but I had been fooled by my own mind. Our shaky breaths filled the little space between us and I knew it was different this time. All of the other men I had been with, it never felt this passionate. This felt so foreign compared with the other situations.

In one quick motion, he smashed his lips into mine, creating a sense of bliss inside me. I hadn't realized just how many butterflies could dwell in one stomach.

"Hey, boss!" I heard Victor and immediately pulled away. I jumped over the bar and hid beneath the counter in a small cubby hole.

"There has been some misunderstandings from a few of your clients. Follow me." Victor walked away and as soon as I was sure they were gone, I slipped out the back door.

***

After my winter walk back to Sofia's Orphanage, I walked through the large door and hanged my coat on the rack. I heard footsteps behind me when I took off my boots. "So, how'd it go? Did he fall for you?"

Sofia stood a few feet away from me, waiting for an answer. "I got him wrapped around my little finger. You don't have to worry about a thing." I hesitated and she noticed it, "What is it? Is there something you're not telling me?" I took a deep breath and bit my lip. I kept my glare on my toes as I said, "He kissed me."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "You don't have feelings for him, do you?" She scoffed/laughed and I gained my composure, "No, of course not. He doesn't mean anything to me." I kept a straight face and she nodded, "I believe you because I have no reason not to. Don't change my mind." She turned on her heel and walked away.

I rolled my eyes, then turned to walk back to my room.