Winter Nights

Requested by UndertaleAuthor201X
Enjoy!
Edward x reader

"Honey, I'm home!" I giggle to myself as I realize how silly that sounds. The warm cinnamon aroma of 'cozy fireside' fills the house and paired with the heat, makes me want to do nothing but cuddle.

I lay down my bags and yell out for my boyfriend for the second time. He's usually here to greet me. I walk into the kitchen, and the next thing I know, two hands snake soothingly around my waist. He grabs my elbow as soon as he realizes he's startled me,  knowing I was going to jab him in the ribs.

"Sorry babe, didn't mean to startle ya." He kisses my neck, "How was work?" I turn to face him, wrapping my arms around his neck, "If you really wanna know; awful. My manager was a pain in my a** all day long, I couldn't catch a break! He was yelling at me and... I don't even know...". I kiss him on the lips and purr, "But walking in here, to our home, instantly made me feel a hundred times better. Thank you for turning on the wax warmers, they smell like heaven."

Kissing me softly again, he chuckles, "They're very nice, for sure." He clears his throat after a few moments of silent hugging, "So I was thinking, maybe we could watch some movies and drink hot cocoa and just stay in for the night?"

I was shocked, usually he has work to do. My mouth opened as I was excited but also wondering why would he take a night off. I narrow my eyes at him, "But surely you have work to do, you always do." He caresses my cheek with a single finger and smiles, "I know I work a lot and I've been thinking about this and I just wanna make sure I'm treating you the way you deserve to be treated. I couldn't bear to lose you over silliness like work."

My heart flutters at those words and I feel like a princess. "Awe, you could never lose me, baby."

We kiss again and go our separate ways, me getting the movie ready and him, getting dinner out of the oven.

He brings me a plate and we sit down together and start the movie. "Hey, I will bring up a new riddle I remembered today. I bet it'll stump ya." Grinning, I remember all the riddles he's told me before and that I had got all of them right, give or take a few here and there. "Hmm, what is it?"

"I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?" I pause the movie so I can think. I press my finger up to my mouth and it stays that way for a couple minutes and I keep repeating the riddle as if saying it more will solve it somehow.

"Ugggghhhh baby, my brain doesn't work after today." We both laugh at my comment. "Evil?" He shakes his head, "Not close at all." He takes a bite of his lasagna.

"Why don't you tell me and I'll pretend I didn't hear it and then we'll just compromise and say I'm right." I giggle and he shakes his head at me. He takes another bite of his food and glances at me. "You really don't know? That surprises me, I thought you'd automatically get it cause you're so unbelievably intelligent."

Shaking my head, I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know, seriously."

"I'm a key." I face palm and lay my head back. "I feel so dumb right now."

"You're not dumb." He kisses my cheek and puts his arms around me and we turn our attention to the movie.

Thanks for reading!
I hope you all like it!

Q.O.T.D:
What's your favorite riddle from Ed?
Mine is "What's green and red all over, a frog in a blender!" 😂😂
I said that to my family and they were like omg lol.