Wow!!

Omg!!!
Thank you all so much for over 10,000 reads!!!!!!
It means so much to me that you all like my stories and my writing!
Love y'all and hope y'all have a GREAT day because you deserve it!
😄😃😘
Enjoy this gif preference!

Omg!!!Thank you all so much for over 10,000 reads!!!!!!It means so much to me that you all like my stories and my writing! Love y'all and hope y'all have a GREAT day because you deserve it!😄😃😘Enjoy this gif preference!

"No, Jim." I laid my hand over his as we sat at the table. He looked up, "What?" He hung up the phone and focused his attention to me. "You can't go with them. You'll get hurt and then what will I do?" I started to panic and he held my hand tighter, "It's my job, baby. I have to go."

A tear rolled down my cheek when he stood up. "Don't cry. I'll be back soon." I stood up from my chair this time as the tears fell and the anger arose. "How do you know that? What about your partners that you see go down just like that," I snapped my fingers, "... every day, huh? There's no way of telling how many times I've heard of someone raiding the GCPD, officers getting gutted, shot... heck, one lunatic has stuck pig faces on their heads! Now, who are you to tell me that won't be you next time?"

His eyes held sympathy inside them and he walked over to me. Sliding his arms around my waist, he placed his forehead on mine. "You have to have faith, baby." He kissed my forehead and I snuggled deeper into his chest.

After a few minutes of standing there in his arms, I took a step back. "I guess you have to go now." He half-smiled, then grabbed his keys and walked out the door. I ran a hand through my hair and went up the stairs to get a shower. Just as I opened my drawer, the front door opened. I went to poke my head out to see who was there, and I saw Jim.

"Did you forget something?" He chuckled, "Yes, I did." He jogged up the stairs to me and grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. "Love you." He told me, putting on a "tough guy" act. I bit my lip and giggled, "I love you too, Mr. Detective." He gave me a kiss and it got a little heated.

"I'll be home as soon as I can, okay?" I smirked, "And I'll be waiting. Bye."