King of My Heart *Part 2*

As requested by Bad-Ass_Gallagher

I giggled as my heart was beating a hundred beats per minute. I could barely breathe and the sight of him only made it worse. I ran until I fell on our bed and he crawled on top of me.

"No! Sto-op!" I laughed at the touch of his fingers on the side of my abdomen. I gasped, for I couldn't breathe, and pushed his hands down. He had an evil grin on his face and moved his fingers down to the bottom of my feet. I felt the wiggling from his fingers, indicating that I was being tickled, yet again.

"No!" I laughed, "I'll do anything you want for the rest of our lives, just stop!" I squirmed underneath him and he stopped all at once.

"Anything?" His eyes sparkled and glazed over with lust. I glanced from his eyes to his lips and leaned in.

"Hey, Jerome, Theo said--" My eyes shot to the door and I saw Barbara standing there, looking at us in shock. "-- oh, wow, sorry to interrupt you guys." She closed the door and I placed my gaze back on Jerome. As soon as I laid eyes on him, his lips were on mine. I pulled away and his beautiful eyes opened ever so gently. We placed our foreheads together.

"Jerome?" My voice came out soft and full of love. "Ye-yes?" The first part of his speech came out as a squeak. I smiled wide, "After we get to be the King and Queen of Gotham, will you promise me you won't leave?" He searched my eyes, then planted a kiss on top of my forehead, "Of course I won't. I promise, baby. We're the only thing each of us has in this world and I know I wouldn't trade you for a million dollars."

I sat up and stretched my arms a little. "Jerome..." We heard Barbara's voice again, so it must be important, whatever she wants to say. He walked towards the door and opened it, "What is it, Barbara?!" She explained to us then that we were to be in the living room in five minutes for a meeting between all of us.

***
I gasped when the strap of my dress snapped on my back. "Sorry, it has to be as tight as possible." I straightened myself back up and cleared my throat.

A few minutes later, I was ready and heading down the stairs where Jerome patiently waited. When he caught a glance at me, his eyes widened and traveled all over my body. The stairs seemed as though they took days to walk down.

Finally, though, I made my way to his side and held onto his arm. "You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear. I smiled and our eyes locked.

"Ah, young love. Are you all ready?" Theo opened the front door and led us to the car. The driver then opened the door for us and Jerome and I sat on the cold, leather seat. "Don't disappoint me." Theo waved goodbye to us after one last warning.

***
The music blared loudly throughout the club. So loud, the floor was vibrating. Jerome and I stood, leaning against the wall. He kissed up and down my neck, and I kept giggling and flirting with him. We did these things to draw attention to us, to make our relationship known. It is part of growing to be the King and Queen of this city.

When we had enough eyes on us, we stopped and he pretended as if he were going to use the restroom. I went to sit at a table and pretended not to notice when a man sat down next to me.

"Hello." I turned to him, sizing him up. "Hi." Little did he know, he is the one who will get my wrath and not my love. "So, I saw you with that psycho, Jerome. A pretty girl like you deserves better. I could show you a good time. You know, if you want it." He started rubbing up my thigh and I laughed.

"You're funny." I then grabbed a fist full of his hair and pulled his head back and slammed it back down on the table. I pulled my knife out of my pocket and held it to his neck. I didn't waste any time and sliced his neck from one ear to the other. I sighed, then looked up at everyone's shocked faces.