Another World

As requested by eleven_in_gotham

"Oh my gosh! Gotham is on!!" I left what I was doing and ran straight to the living room. I sat down on my brown, leather couch with my blanket and got comfy.

After some minutes, I watched with wide eyes as Sofia finally revealed herself to Oswald. I was zoned out, hanging on the edge of my seat. "What will happen next?" I thought to myself when a skinny guy they called 'The Dentist' walked into the room.

My body felt funny and I shrugged it off. 'It's probably nothing.' I thought, too focused on the show to worry. Then, I started to shiver. I tightened my blanket around my body and continued with watching the TV.

I leaned forward and suddenly, I couldn't lean back. In a split second, I was in... Sofia's Orphanage?! I looked back and forth, but didn't see anyone. "Hello?" I said, even though it was kind of cheesy to say. I heard footsteps and a familiar limp walking towards me. Oswald, I recognized him at first glance, peeked his head in and looked around and immediately stopped when he saw me.

He walked in with Victor behind him and stopped directly in front of me. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he asked, "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" My mouth fell open slightly and I composed myself. My mind fluttered with all that I could say. I could just make something up, anything.

"I am your supplier." He raised his eyebrow, "For what?" I still have my outfit on from work today, so I look somewhat professional. "Oh, just your only supply of guns and ammo."

I walked ever so swiftly to a table and sat down, "I know you must be confused, but I wanted us to finally meet." I smiled brightly and motioned for him to sit in the other chair. To be completely honest, I am having the time of my life right now. I've always wanted these characters to be real, and they kind of are right now.

He hesitated, but finally sat down  across from me. "So, I sent you machine guns in our last shipment. Were they good enough for you?" I raised an eyebrow and pursed my lips. Then, I heard a gunshot.

I turned around and noticed that Victor had shot his machine gun into the wall. "That's a yes." Oswald said as he fakely smiled.

I was amused and could barely hold in my laughter. I got up and shook his hand, "On that note, I will see you later." I swayed my hips as I walked and glanced to Victor on my way out. We sized each other up, but didn't say anything more.

Pushing open the door, I ran into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." I looked up to see Barbara Kean and I then followed her gaze to see Sofia Falcone behind me. "You know Penguin?" Barbara asked me as I figured, 'Why not, I don't know how to get home anyways.' "Yeah, I just got done talking to him." Barbara grabbed me and placed a rag over my mouth as I gasped for air. But, eventually, I passed out.

***A few hours later...

Sofia tried desperately to get us out of here with her words as I looked for a way to escape. I heard Selena say something about Victor and they let us go and ran out. We followed them and I covered my ears when I heard a boom and the building collapsed.

After a while, it wasn't that hard, but I figured out that Sofia wanted a war. Barbara, Tabitha, and Selena just went along with it to get back at Penguin and I went along with it because I have nothing better to do. We had leverage against Oswald because Sofia lured Martin to come with us.

After he got blown up, we all surrendered, at least for a little while and went back to Sofia's Orphanage. While they talked, I snuck out the back door and went to walk around the city. To be honest, I wanted to find where Oswald had gone to.

I saw the lights in his club and figured that he might have gone there. I walked to the back of the place and heard quiet talking. Now, I'm not one to get in other people's business, but I really couldn't resist in my favorite show.

"You did a splendid job of dying." I heard and saw Martin walk beside of Victor. I gasped, then quickly covered my mouth. "Victor will take you to a safe location. You can never return to Gotham. This is goodbye, my friend." Martin shook his head frantically and seemed sad. He wrote on his notepad, "I don't want to leave you." And Oswald pushed it down and smiled. "There, there. This is what I have to do to protect you. One day when you are older, you will understand." He said and they hugged for a few seconds until Oswald pushed Martin away. "Sofia's on her heels, boss. Let's finish her off. Have someone else take the kid." I almost stepped forward to take him, but Oswald said, "No. I want my top man on this." Victor looked surprised by this, but quickly gained his composure. "Besides, I have something much better planned for Sofia Falcone."

Victor left and Oswald turned around and sat at his desk with a drink in his hand. My heels clicked on the floor as I made my way into his line of vision. He sat up straight very quickly and furrowed his brow. "How long have you been standing there?!" I giggled, "Only long enough to know what you've been hiding. But don't worry, if you give me what I want, I'll be on your side of this 'war'." He got up and limped over to me, sticking a knife to my neck. I swallowed hard and glanced down at the sharp piece of metal.

"Listen, lady. I don't know what you want, but leave me alone. I don't trust you." He turned around and proceeded to walk back to his desk, when I stopped him. "Well, I would want my help, taking into consideration that I was with Sofia's group and I know exactly what they are planning to do."

He laughed, "I thought you didn't mean anything to them. You're just a hostage." I walked over to him and straightened his tie, "Well, that may be true. But as long as this war goes on, they will still need me. I could give you all the information with only one cost," I glanced into his sparkling eyes and he seemed flustered, his cheeks turning a little pink.

He cleared his throat, "What's the price?" I smiled and then bit my lip to try and contain my joy, "Kiss me."