Comfort

As requested by preculiargirl827

"Hey, look what I got!" I looked up from my magazine to see Edward standing right in front of me. I frowned, "When did you get home? I never heard the door open." He sat down beside me on the couch. "Just a second ago. You must like that article. What are you reading about?"

"An article about some celebrity doing celebrity things that I really," I raised my leg up and over his and sat on his lap, facing him. "... really, don't care about." We both chuckled and he kissed me.

"What did you get?" He held up an Adele album and my mouth formed an 'O'. "Oh my gosh! Where did you get this? I thought they were sold out! What?!" I was so filled with excitement, I barely had room to breath. "Thank you, thank you, thank YOU!" I squeezed him in a hug, then got up. I went over to our stereo and placed it in. I skipped it to my favorite song, even though I wanted to listen to the whole thing through. But the song's so good!

"I can't love you in the dark
It feels like we're oceans apart
There is so much space between us
Maybe we're already defeated" I serenaded my boyfriend, using the remote as a microphone. He just laughed a little, then came over to me. He placed his hand on my hip and I placed mine on his shoulder, then we interlocked fingers. We swayed a little, he twirled me and I fell on his arm. "Want some hot chocolate?" Ed asked me. "You didn't even have to ask." I smiled and he went into the kitchen to make it.

I went to sit on the couch and grabbed a blanket to cover up in. Another of my favorite songs came on.

"Never mind, I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you too." A tear fell from my eye because this song reminded me of a hard time in my life. A time that I overcame when I met Ed.

"Babe, are you okay?" Ed sat down beside me and wiped the tear from my cheek. I looked up at him and smiled, "I'm okay. Just thinking about the past."

He caressed my cheek, then my arm and said, "I will never treat you like he did. I will love you and never leave you. Unless I die, of course." He chuckled, "Well, even if I die, I'll come back to haunt you. Face it: you're never getting rid of me." I laughed and wiped my tears away. "Oh, believe me. I know."

"I love you." I said softly and we kissed. It might have gotten a little heated, too. 😉