Getaway

As requested by sherlock272
Father!Cory Michael Smith x daughter!reader
BF/N= best friend's name

"Hurry up! Your dad might catch us!" My best friend, BF/N said to me, frantically. I took one last glance around my room: silk curtains, a king sized bed, a huge tv. Man, I'm gonna miss this place.

I sighed and grabbed my bags. I climbed down the side of my house and made my way over to our getaway car. "Ready?" BF/N asked me, putting the car in gear. I nodded, not ever looking back.

***
Cory's POV (point of view)

I woke up to my alarm blaring loudly on my bedside table. Time to go to work. I made my way down to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. Usually, Y/N would be up by now. I shrugged and thought to myself, 'maybe she overslept'. I decided to go to her room and check on her. "Y/N? Are you up?"

After hearing silence, I opened the door. All I could see was her blanket. I figured it was covering her, so I pulled it to where I could see her face, but she wasn't there.

Instead of seeing my daughter's face, I saw more blankets. I soon started checking every room in the house. I called her name multiple times, but to no avail. After checking outside, I settled on calling her phone. She never answered.

20 calls with the only sound of her voice being her saying to leave a message. At that moment, I dialed the number I never thought I'd have to call, "911, what's your emergency?" A tear ran down my face, "My daughter is missing."

***Y/N's POV
Our car pulled up to my proposed 'mother's' house. I shuffled the files until I found the one with her address on it. "Yep, this is it." I took a deep breath and nodded to BF/N before getting out of her pink Volkswagen.

I walked until I was facing the black-painted front door. Placing my hand up to knock, I swallowed the lump in my throat. The door opened to reveal a light complected, blonde haired woman. My mouth opened then closed over and over again as I tried to conjure up the word I have been dying to say since the day she left.

"Mom?!" She smiled, "I knew you'd find me, you were always smart like that." My tears were waterfalls and I ran to her, giving her the biggest hug possible.

***Cory's POV
After the 50th call to Y/N and the 5th call to the police station, I was about to go searching for my daughter by myself. I grabbed my bags and started packing, just in case I needed to have anything.

*Ring, Ring* I froze where I stood and pressed the answer button before I even saw the caller ID. "Hello?" The pause was agonizing and I finally heard her sweet, angelic voice, "Dad? I'm so sorry, I probably had you worried sick! I'll give you the whole story as soon as I get there, okay?" I smiled instead of yelling like I usually would, "Okay. Just be safe. I love you." I could hear the smile in her voice, "I love you too, dad."