Imagine-Alfred Pennyworth

Y/N= Your Name
"I love you Alfred. Just thought I'd let you know." I said as we sat facing each other. "I know, but I just...can't. Too many people will be spreading rumors-" I interrupted him. "Then let them spread whatever the heck they want! You can't let them run your life." A tear ran down my cheek as I realized that he wasn't going to take my advice. "I'm twice as old as you are, they'll think that I'm committing rape-or anything. They might take Bruce away from me." I tried to think of something else to get him to take up my offer, but nothing came to my mind. I stood up, wiped my tears, and made my way to the door. I felt a firm hand on my shoulder, "Y/N, I want you to know that I do love you and I want this to work. But I can't risk Bruce being taken away from me." He kissed my tear stains and then grabbed the back of my neck, pulling me in for a passionate kiss. "I understand, but know that I'm always here for you. And maybe one day we can make it work..." We hugged for what seemed like ages and he kissed my forehead. All that I want is standing here in front of me, but I can't have it. No matter how hard I try, it's like wanting a toy...or the latest iPhone...but not having enough money to buy it. But the good thing is, that if you really want it, you can save up all your money (love) so one day, you may cherish it for all that it was worth. I just hope that day comes soon.