King Of My Heart

As requested by Bad-Ass_Gallagher
Jerome x reader

"Go get a life! It's tiring trying to take care of you. I wanna do my own thing and so does your dad, don't you, Harold?" He glanced over to her, clearly not hearing a word for he was so high. "Uh, yeah, sure."

Tears threatened to fall, but I didn't let them. "Fine. Do your own thing! I always thought having a kid was a sign of commitment! I guess not." I wheeled my suitcase behind me as I made my way to some unknown place. I heard their sick laugh, and I almost turned back around, if it weren't for my best friend. He was sitting on a wood log, crying.

"Scoot over, ginger." I tried to make him laugh, and I got a smile instead. He let me sit down and I wiped the hot tears from his face. Shaking my head, I let some tears fall from my own eyes.

"We'll be okay....one day."

***

For the next few days, I made a home at Jerome's place, only hiding when his mom would come in. I was never going back to my parents house, I knew that for sure.

On the third day, we lay on his bed, talking. "I'll kill her, Y/N. I've had enough of this crap." I just stared at the wall, listening to him rant. "Would you help me?" I came out of my trance and sat up. "You want me to help you kill your mom?" He nodded. I played with my fingernails, not wanting to give an answer. "Hey," He pulled a strand of my long blonde hair behind my ear. "We wouldn't have her to worry about anymore. It would just be us... don't you want that?"

Our conversation was interrupted by a "Jerome! Who is this?!" I immediately recognized the voice of a complete monster. She grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me to the floor. Jerome, with all this talk of killing his mother, just sat there with a look of shock and fear on his face. "You little whore, sleeping with my son! Get out of my house!" I got up and ran out the door. I don't know where I'm going, but I just keep walking...until I find my dressing room.

I lay down on the cold floor, thinking of how much I wished Jerome and I could be together.

***
The next day, I woke up to a rukus outside. I went to go see what was going on and saw on the television a picture of Jerome next to a reporter. It was a mugshot and he was smiling a smile I had never seen before. "... Jerome Valeska has been taken to Arkham Asylum after admitting to killing his mother..." After I heard those words, I smiled to myself. He did it. And if he can do it, why can't I?

I felt a surge of energy and ran into my parents house. I walked right into a cloud of smoke and saw them both on the couch. They were both half naked and getting high together. "Wow... so nothing's changed, I see. This won't be hard at all." I pulled my pocket knife from the pocket of my jeans and preceded to stab them... multiple times.

***
I walked through the doors of Arkham Asylum, giving everyone I saw a dirty look. My demons have finally won and I have never felt more free. Of course, I didn't think about how... when I killed my parents... it was the middle of the day, everyone was awake, and I didn't exactly close the door.

So, that's how I ended up here, being pushed into a room and sizing up multiple cute guards. They didn't really care much, and I didn't give a hoot about them, so its all good. My mind was on one thing only: Jerome.

***
A few hours later, one of the guards escorted me to the rec. room. "Oh, a little touchy-feely today, are we?" I let out a laugh as he tightened his grip on my arm. "Just walk."

I narrowed my eyes at him, and turned on my heel. I walked to the end of the hallway and saw a very large community-type room with what looked to be at least half of the asylum inmates inhabiting it. "Is this our stop?" I smiled at the buff, middle aged man. He pulled open the door and pushed me in.