Good vs Bad, I've Been With Both

Italics=Flashbacks

"Jerome, I don't know if I can do that." He looked at me, confused. "What do you mean? It's easy... and fun! Just do it, you'll feel great once it's over!" I glanced back and forth from the man in the chair to Jerome. This is against everything I believe. But Jerome did tell me that its a lot better being bad. "I don't even know how to shoot a gun!" He laughed and got behind me, holding onto my hands and guiding me. "I'll hold it. Now all you have to do is aim and pull the trigger." My heart was beating a hundred miles a minute. Should I? That question repeated in my head about a thousand times before I stopped thinking altogether. I didn't even think to turn my head as I pulled the trigger on my revolver. The man's blood and brains splattered all over the place. My eyes were wide as I took it all in. Jerome started to laugh, "You did it!" He picked me up and spun me around. My mood started to lighten a little and I smiled with him. All of a sudden, we heard sirens. "Dang it, the cops are here! Come on, let's get out of here!" We ran together, back to our home. "... paper towels, paper plates, laundry detergent, bleach... Is that all, you think?" I asked my husband, Bruce, as I wrote my grocery list. "I think so." He told me as he got his shoes on. ~ As we waltzed around in Walmart, I glanced at the knives in the hunting section. I saw a green one that looked an awful lot like one I had before. "Hold it diagonal. Yeah, like that. Perfect!" I glanced at Jerome as he nodded, telling me to go ahead. I threw the knife and it landed exactly in the heart of the mannequin. His mouth dropped open, then morphed into a smile. "That's my girl." I came out of my trance as Bruce dropped some chips into the buggy. "Okay, it's time to check out now! You gotta ride the monster truck, miss Amelia!" My daughter laughed as Bruce placed her on top of his shoulders, making loud truck noises. I smiled as I watched them jog to the check out line. "Sh**." I whispered as I held up the pregnancy test. "Oh, crap." I covered my mouth as I stared at my future. "Y/N! I'm home!" I quickly hid the test under our bed and walked into the living room. "There you are!" He backed me up against the wall and kissed me roughly. "Jerome, don't ya wanna wait until tonight?" He frowned, "No." We got home and put the groceries away. As I sat outside on our porch, I watched Bruce play with my daughter and realized how lucky I was. He would never push himself on me. He treats us like princesses. I went back in the house to grab the apple pie out of the oven. While I was in there, I realized the television was still on. I picked up the remote and went to turn it off, but something caught my attention. "Jerome Valeska has broken out of Arkham Asylum yet again! Everyone be careful and please watch your children!" My heart sunk to my feet. He's going to come back for us. "He doesn't know where I am..." I sighed and wiped the sweat from my brow, he can't hurt us. "You might want to think again." Oh, no. This is not happening. I turned around and my worst fears came true. "Jerome, stay away from us. I don't want you to be in my life anymore. Just go." I backed away from him and he gave me a devilish look. "Huh. I'm sorry, I must have misheard you. Did you just tell me no?" The door is right there, if I can just... I got it! As soon as I opened the door, I ran over to Bruce. "What's wrong?" He looked over in the direction I was looking in. "Stay here with Amelia, that son of a b**** is gonna pay for what he done to you." I scooped her up in my arms. "Oh, Bruce! It's been a while, buddy! How ya doi-" Bruce cut him off with a punch to the face. Alfred walked out with a phone to his ear, probably calling the cops. As I watched them fight, I couldn't help but remember something from the past. "You little slut, you were flirting with that man!" Jerome slapped me and I fell to the floor. "I told you, he did the flirting, not me!" He picked me up and slammed my face into the kitchen counter. I held the now forming bruise and sobbed. "Bruce, stop!" He got off of Jerome and looked at me, confused. I walked to where the redhead lay on the ground and sat on top of his stomach. "This is for all the times I put up with your crap!" And with that, I punched him in the nose, sending blood everywhere. His eyes widened, he didn't think that I was that strong. The G.C.P.D pulled up, handcuffed him, and took him back to Arkham.
                              ~~~
Later that night, after Bruce, Alfred, and I had put Amelia to bed, Bruce came up behind me while I washed the remaining dishes. "I'm so sorry about what happened today." I rinsed the last dish and placed it in the strainer. "It wasn't your fault. He does what he wants, ya know?" I turned to see a frown upon his face. "He won't do anything he wants on my watch." I sighed, "I just want our daughter to be safe. I wish I would have never made that stupid mistake." I cried and Bruce held me while I did so. "Hey, it wasn't a mistake, you got Amelia out of it." I smiled, "You're right, that's the only good thing I got out of it." He kissed my lips, then my neck, "What are you doing?" I laughed and he picked me up and sat me on the counter. "Woah, my bad. Guess I'll eat a snack later." Alfred snickered as he walked out. We both laughed, "Catch me if you can!" I ran up the stairs and to our bedroom, closing the door. "Awe, come on, open the door, baby." He wined. "I feel sorry for you so... fine." I opened the door and he picked me up bridal-style and dropped me on the bed. He climbed on top of me, "Now you can't run.." He laughed, kissing my neck.