Another World *Part 3*

As requested by eleven_in_gotham

Creeeeeek. The large metal door made a loud noise as I pushed it open. I cursed to myself, but then quickly noticed a man at the bar-- Penguin's assistant. He was talking, giving orders, maybe? I couldn't tell, but I walked until I was hiding behind the bar.

Tabitha, Selena, Barbara, and I waited until the time was just right-- and pounced. I ran over to one of Penguin's men and jumped on his back, slicing his throat. I moved out of the way when he fell to the ground.

When I caught my breath, I looked up to see them all looking at me in disbelief. "You said you've never done this before?" Tabitha squinted her eyes and I shook my head, "No. I guess I just watch a lot of TV." We all laughed and Sofia walked from behind the corner, clapping her hands.

"Well done, ladies." She said as we walked up to the little man. "Hello." Barbara said in his ear.

"Where is Penguin, little man?" Sofia said, looking in his face to see if he was hiding anything. His eyes widened and I heard his breath catch in his throat.

***

I sat down at the bar and I drank a bit of wine I stole from Oswald's stash. I jumped in my seat a little when I heard the cries of Penguin's assistant mixed with the crackle of Tabitha's whip. I pretended to shiver and rubbed my arms, so the others wouldn't think I was uncomfortable.

I was zoned out, watching my drink swirl around the glass until I heard Tabitha walk in. "He doesn't know where Penguin is." She seemed out of breath.

We all just looked at each other, stumped. *Buzz*Buzz* Sofia grabbed her phone and answered the call. "What?" Her face was, at first very frustrated, then contorted to surprise. "I'll be right there." She shut the phone, ending the call.

Barbara looked as though everything was getting to her nerves, "Was that about Penguin?"

"No." Sofia said, while still staring ahead. I rolled my eyes and took another sip of my wine.

***
We walked in a single file through the long hallway and entered a large room. I never knew where we were until Barbara asked Sofia why we were at her dad's house.

"Why do you think?" She gave us a question that obviously had a billion answers. None of which we knew. I placed my hands on my hips and huffed. Selena and I exchanged a roll of the eyes, which I realize I do a lot now.

I almost spoke up to say something to Sofia, but footsteps on the hardwood floor stopped me. I soon realized that the Carmine Falcone was standing in front of us. He acknowledged Sofia and kissed her forehead as a soft smile formed on her lips. "You look tired. Miss Kean, its nice to see you again." He nodded towards her. She nodded her head a little,"Likewise," and glanced back at us. "...so, this is weird." We all gave each other a sideways glance.

I tried to keep my attention on the matter at hand, but a creek from a door distracted me. I thought I saw a black shoe come out from behind the wall, but I took a second glance and it wasn't there.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Carmine slap his daughter and my focus was back on them. "Your actions have disgraced our family. Tell me how sleeping with Jim Gordon, the man who killed your brother, helped reclaim Gotham." She looked a little ashamed and couldn't even take a glance up at her father. Barbara tensed up a little, "I'm sorry, what?" I almost laughed when I realized that she used to date Jim.

"I have done many things I will have to answer for," I started to hear the patter of footsteps and looked up to see who I didn't expect to see here. "But I always knew the meaning of honor." I frantically looked to the other girls gesturing to the doorway. "You have proven that you do not." I saw him shake his head and Oswald's silhouette came walking in.

"Children. They can be such disappointments." Victor grabbed Selena and pointed a gun at all of us. Sofia pulled out her gun and shouted something in tears. "You know why I came when Penguin called? It was because you were going to lose. If you were anyone but my daughter, you'd be dead right now." Sofia took shaky breaths as Oswald smiled.

"Get your bags together. We're leaving today and I don't want to hear another word about it." Sofia started to say something, but then straightened her back and stomped her way towards the door. Oswald followed her with his eyes, but then stopped when he saw me. We stared at each other for a few minutes until Barbara's voice brought me out of my trance. "So, we'll be leaving now."

"Oh, no your not." Carmine snapped his fingers and all of his men grabbed each one of us up. We were thrown into a car and driven to some rundown place.

***
Gunshots were heard in the building and even though I was uncomfortable, I had learned to hold my fear back. Our hands were tied behind our backs and we sat on chairs in front of what looks to be a fireplace.

Tabitha fell to the floor and grabbed the gun, eventually shooting both of the men behind us.

***
While the other girls went somewhere, I can't remember where, I went to Oswald's club. I saw him sitting at the bar, looking distraught at his glass of whiskey.

I stopped at the wall, "Knock, Knock." He glanced over to me and seemed to be a little clumsy, knocking over his drink and falling from his chair. I tried to stop my laughter and he got up, clearing his throat. "Hello."

I chuckled, "I guess that means to come in, am I right?" I walked over to him and patted his suit on his arms and chest. His beautiful eyes locked with mine again and I smiled.

His lips were so soft, I could hardly get enough when I kissed him. So, naturally, the kiss lasted some time. "Why does everything have to be so complicated? I just want us to be together."

He kissed me again, passionately, and grabbing the sides of my face while doing so. "I don't know. Most likely because love and emotion is my greatest weakness. But, I love you. I know that much for sure."

We hugged for what felt like forever and I kissed his cheek,  leaving him the note that explains everything that happened to me. It explains who I really am and that I was sucked into the TV the same day we met.

I walked out the door, never to look back, but expecting to be back until something started happening. My hands suddenly weren't there anymore. I saw my living room and I gasped and screamed, "No!" The next thing I knew, I was back in my living room, on top of my now cold blanket.