Losing My Mind

Requested by WhyMustWeAllBeHere
Jeremiah x reader

My hand covers my mouth in an attempt to cover the shock I am feeling when I see the flames errupt. The flying machine starts to lose its place in the sky and falls to the ground. I turn my attention to my cousin and raise my eyebrow.

"Did we really just fly a helicopter into a warzone? I just realized how crazy that sounds." They ignore my question and Jim gives orders to his men instead.

They all run into the building and get suited up to gather the supplies before any of the criminals can get the chance to. I follow them and put on my lab coat over my ripped jeans and t-shirt - the only things I have left to wear. Jim stops me by standing in front of the door.

I cross my arms over my torso, "You're really making me stay? And my younger cousin that doesn't even have a job here, let me remind you, can go? What if one of you gets shot and you need immediate medical attention? Where are you going to get it, huh?"

He sighs, but I stop him before he speaks. "Okay. Have fun." My fake smile turns into a frown after I spin around to maneuver my way to my office.

My heels click on the floor and I make sure everyone knows my current mood.

***
A few hours later I'm still sitting in my office chair, organizing files for the fifth time. I hear a knock on my door and yell for them to come in.

However, I am surprised when the door opens and no one is there. "You all know just how to make me laugh, don't ya?" Nothing happens and I walk over to catch them in their prank only to find no one anywhere. I step back, running into someone behind me and a cloth is used to cover my face, eventually making me black out.

***
My vision is blurry and I blink my eyes to try to see clearly as I come to my senses.

The room is dark except for one light bulb beside the door. I try to scratch my head, but then feel the strong grip of the ropes on my hands. I'm tied to a chair, what a cliché move.

You'd think kidnappers in Gotham would have thought of a better way of doing their crime by now. Apparently someone is watching because the door opens and a man walks confidently into the room.

"Hello, Miss L/N. I assume you know who I am?" He steps into the light and my heart rate picks up as I see his green-ish locks of hair, his red lips and pale skin. He smiles when I don't say anything and walks over, bringing a chair to sit opposite of me and a lamp to sit on a table beside us.

"You're wondering why you're here, am I right?" He runs his fingers down my cheek and I shiver. His lips form a small smirk. "You could be a wonderful asset to my plan. But first, you need not be so pure."

I'm finally brave enough to say something, "What do I know?" He leans back in his chair, "Well, my dear, you know many things. Specifically about my enemies. Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon."

"Who says I know anything about them?" He laughs maniacally and slaps his leg. "You're hilarious." He composes himself after that little outburst, "Considering that you're Jim's little whore and Bruce's cousin, I don't think there's any more to say."

I get angry at that statement and I know he can tell because he's still very amused. "Now, you are going to tell me all I need to know, or I have other options." He guides my eyes to the wall on my left and I see many torturous devices.

I clear my throat and look back at him. "I'm not budging." He smiles, "I thought you'd say that. But I'll still ask you a question first."

He goes over to the wall and grabs a knife set, then comes back over to me. He takes out a small one and says, "I'd hate to carve that pretty little face." He strokes the knife across my lips. "How is Jimmy's little 'Green Zone' project working, hmm? Have they ripped it to shreds yet?"

"Really? That's all you have? The answer is no." He nods. "Okay, next question. What's the next move?" I don't say anything and he presses the knife closer to my neck. I smile slyly and in one swift motion he brings the knife down into my thigh. 

I want to hide my pain, but I can't help letting out a yelp. "You know I don't mean to hurt you, it's your choice. All you have to do is tell me what I need to know and I don't do this again." He has a serious expression on his face and I laugh while tears run down my face.

He comes closer, examining me. "Wow, I was right all along." I bite his lower lip and keep laughing as he steps back. "You have all the potential I need."

A/N
Thanks for reading! I hope you all liked it!
Thanks for requesting WhyMustWeAllBeHere! And let me know if y'all want a part two!