The Office

Requested by anonymous
Oswald x Goth reader

"Okay, this is it! Thank you!" I tell the hotel manager who had brought my luggage up to my new apartment. "You're welcome, sweetheart. Let me know if you need anything else." She smiles and walks away.

I walk into the kitchen and lean against the counter. Taking a deep breath, I let my thoughts take their journey through my mind.

I know this is a huge step for me, leaving everything I have ever known, but I have to get away. I have to get away from them. They don't understand me and they never will.

No one in that town thinks I'll be anything but trash because of my dark clothes and lifestyle choices. They put me down, say I should be different.

'Oh, Y/N, why won't you wear bright colors? Maybe a dress once in a while?' Well, excuse me for wanting to cover myself. No one deserves to look at me unless I say they do.

I suddenly realize that I haven't ate anything today and I don't have a single ounce of food to cook a legitimate meal in my cabinets.

Well, guess I'll have to see if there are any good restaurants in this city.
I grab my purse and walk down the hallway to an elevator. Pressing '1', I wait patiently to reach the first floor. The doors open and I make my way to the front desk.

After I talk to the young girl, she guides me to a small café at the end of the street. As I walk in, I only see a few people, so I sit in a corner booth.

The few minutes that I sit there, my eyes avert to a sign on the wall that lists jobs in the area. I notice one in particular, doing paperwork.

After ordering and eating, I walk over to grab the sign and dial the number on my cellphone as I walk out. A frusterated voice picks up. "Yes?!"
It takes me by suprise for a second, but I quickly bounce back, "Umm.... hello! I was just calling about the paperwork job?"

The man on the other end seems to calm down. "Yes, that's still available. Will you be willing to start tomorrow?" I frown, "Don't you need to interview me first?"

"Nope, first come, first serve. I'll see you in the morning, ten-thirty sharp." Then he hangs up.

~~~
The next day, I wake up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I struggle to get out of bed, but I get ready for work anyway. Today is a new day, full of new opportunities and surprises.

I intend on doing my very best to impress my boss today.
And when the clock displays 10:00, I grab my car keys, driving to a ginormous mansion just outside of the city.

I knock on the umber wood and wait until a tall, bald man opens the door. "Boss, it's the girl from the phone." He doesn't take his eyes off me, even as he yells. We wait for a few minutes, but 'the boss' doesn't show.

The bald man with sunken eyes shrugs his shoulders and motions for me to follow him. We walk until I see a room with my name on it, filled with a desk and many other office-like things. "Like it?" He asks.

I hesitate to answer, for I am taken by surprise at all of the luxuries. "Yeah, I mean... how did you know my name?"
He laughs, "Well, part of my job is to know everything that goes on in this city. So, of course I had to figure out who the new girl on the block was. I might have even influenced," He walks over to me and whispers in my ear, "... what café you were guided to."
I could feel the smirk on his lips and he says, "See ya."
I think I like this guy.

As I put down my purse and take in my surroundings again, I hear someone clear their throat. I turn to see a dark haired man about as tall as me standing in the doorway. "Hi. You must be Y/N." He points to the name plate on the door.

I am so mesmerized by his good looks that it takes me a moment to reply. "Umm, yeah. That's me." We smile at each other, then he limps toward me.

"Here, this is what you'll be doing for me today." He says this while handing me a pile of papers, "The only rules are on this sheet." He points to the top paper.

"You can have a lunch break at 12:00 until 12:20 and you mustn't be any later than that. I expect nothing less than perfect from you, okay?" I nod and he walks away.

The whole day, I hardly ever talk to anyone until around 2:30 or so when a woman a few years older than me comes into my office. "Hi! You must be the new girl!"

"Yes, I am! It's nice to meet you." We shake hands as she takes a seat. "This room was always so messy. I told Oswald I'd never take something so, for lack of a better word, crappy." She giggles. I almost barf at her fake act.

Clearly this girl is just here to bother me. "Yeah, well, I didn't get a say in what office I got so.." She makes a 'meh' face and leans over to look on the paper I have been doodling on.

She picks it up, smiling slyly. "Oswald's really smokin', isn't he?" I am about to answer when she interrupts me, "But he'd never love you. Sorry." She gets up to walk out and throws the paper in the trash can.
'Wow, rude. ' I think to myself as I get back to work.

~~~
The next few days I spend getting Oswald's paperwork done. The same woman from a few days ago, I learned her name is Kiesha, keeps making fun of the fact that I like Oswald.

Today, she shows my doodles to everyone that works for Oswald, telling them how I'll never have a chance, I'm too 'dark' for him.

"And look at this one, she put a heart around their names!!" They all burst out in laughter.

Victor's POV
I see all of the ruckus going on about Y/N's crush on the boss. I figure I should tell him about it, so I make my way to his office.

I knock on the door while peeking in, "Boss?"
"Yes, Victor?" He smiles, not looking up from the television. "Umm, there's a situation going on. Y/N is being made fun of by Kiesha about her liking you."

He frowns and takes a sip of his wine, "She likes me?" I nod, "Mmmhhmm."
He stands up, hands me his wine glass, and limps out of the room.

Y/N's POV
"Heeeeyyyyy!!" I hear someone scream. I turn to see Oswald standing behind me.

"What are you all doing?" He makes eye contact with almost everyone in the room before saying, "Kiesha? Did you make fun of her?"

"What makes you think that?" She says, but she isn't fooling anyone by the fact that her voice just cracked. "Kiesha, you're fired."

Her face turns pale, "But-" His face shows he isn't having it and he says quietly, "Get out."
She slams down her clipboard and stomps her feet all the way out.

"Oswald, I'm so sorry about this. I-I didn't mean to-" He turns toward me with an expression of love in his eyes, "You really like me?"

I nod my head yes in response to his question. He cups my cheek in his hand and kisses my lips softly, tenderly, as if I were fragile.

"Get back to work!" He sarcastically shouts at everyone watching us. I giggle at this and he smiles back at me.