City Nights

Oswald x cat!reader
As requested by ladycobblepot1882

Drunk, careless, and joyful people littered the dance floor on this friday night. My eyes dotted around the scene until they landed on one individual in particular. He stood with a small cane and his hair was spiked up in a disco vampire- ish 'do. (😂)

His back was turned and I only got to stare for a minute or so until I was mesmerized by his grey eyes. They took my breath away. He stared into my soul as the loud thumping music played in the background and I had never felt more alive.

Was my heart supposed to swell and my breath leave my body? Is this feeling normal? Do I need medical attention?!

My thoughts were interuppted by a glass being sat down on the table in front of me. The fiery liquid burned my throat as I gulped it down. I squinted my eyes, for the taste was so sinister.

"Woah! Is it a little too strong for ya?" I turned to the amused man that had caught my eye earlier, frowning. "No, it's just perfect." He looked intrigued by my remark. "So, what brings a girl like you around here?" I looked him over. "No reason, just needed some fresh air."

His gaze moved up to my head and I knew what he had noticed. His expression changed to confusion and he asked me, "Why are you wearing a costume?" I looked down, "It's not a costume, I was born this way." His eyebrows furrowed and I thought that he would walk away. I thought he would think I was weird, maybe a little insane, but he surprised me. "I think," He took my hand in his gently and planted a delicate kiss. ", that you are beautiful and your boyfriend is lucky to have you."

My stomach did a little flop. Oh no, here we go again. "I don't have a boyfriend." He tried to hide it, but I saw him grin happily. "Oh, I see." He took my hand and motioned for me to follow him.

The room was dim, with just a small lamp lighting up the corners. There were paintings on the walls, some of fruits, most of himself. A small leather chair and a desk sat on one side of the room, while the rest was empty. "Hey, do you have anywhere to be?" His expression was filled with hope, lips turned into a smile, but eyes pleading to not turn down his offer. "No, not that I can think of. Why?" He motioned me toward him and I looked over the balcony. "I was just wondering if you didn't mind having a glass of wine with me?"

He was very romantic, but his question was odd. A quiet midnight instead of a loud one in the club, I'm surely not going to pass that up. It might be something I need, anyway. "I'd love to."

Sitting in the chair with him that night, just talking to him, telling him things that I never thought I'd tell anyone, I truly felt a breath of fresh, summer air. Even though Gotham, of all places, is where we are at the moment, it's peaceful and elegant and everything I never thought it could be. And all that it was, I realized at that moment, he gave my life meaning and Gotham means so much more to me right now than ever. It helped me find him.

A/N
I hope you like it ladycobblepot1882! Thanks for requesting!
And I hope everyone else likes it as well!
Have a great day!