23. Ain't No Sunshine ~ Demarcus Cousins

Ain't No Sunshine
Featuring Demarcus Cousins
Inspired By: Ain't No Sunshine ~ Bill Withers

"Training camp starts in two weeks, and you promised that we were going to work out together man." New Orleans's Star, Anthony Davis said to his teammate through the phone.

"Man. That's exactly my point Davis. I need to get my head right. So I'll just chill for the next two weeks." Demarcus responded and he sat down in his couch. He looked around the home he once shared with someone special to his heart and shook his head a bit.

"Is this really over some girl Cousins? Like you tripping over a girl?" Davis asked in disbelief. Demarcus Cousins was known as one of the most nonchalant players around. Nobody would think a girl leaving him would put him in this type of mood.

"You see that's what everybody saying man." Demarcus started off as he smacked his lips. "It's deeper than what y'all muthafukas think. But I don't have to explain my self to no one."

He hanged up the phone after his statement and threw it across the room. Luckily it didn't shatter into pieces, unless that would be his fourth new phone for the month.

Letting out a loud sigh, anger filled through his veins once more. He couldn't believe their entire relationship ended like that. But he should've expect it coming. She warned him about it, but his stubborn self refused to listen.

The sun wasn't shining anymore with Y/N out of his life.

"Okay what do you mean we can't be together Y/N? You already know how I feel about you." Demarcus asked with great concern as the couple sat down at one of the piers.

"And I feel the same way about you, it is just." She started saying. Y/N looked around her and realise that their location wasn't a safe environment for them to have this discussion.

"Come with me. We need to talk."

The couple drove towards her apartment in silence, the only sound was the movements of the vehicles that passed by. Demarcus was extended anxious to know what her reason was. He know it was something serious because she had a serious  look on her face. Y/N was always full of smile and laughter, but her mood bring worried.

As the couple stepped into her Downtown Sacramento apartment, she quickly locked the doors and mumbled words that he didn't comprehend.

"I am wanted. They are looking for me and me being with you they will take me away." She rambled off, not exactly making sense to the center.

"Who is they Y/N? And I need you to calm down and explain me everything." Demarcus said as he slightly grabbed her hand and allowed her to sit down next to him on her couch.

"Man I fucked up. I was supposed to be hiding, not falling in love with a basketball player." She yelled before letting out a sigh.

"Okay. This is the story. When I was around eight, my parents abandoned me in New York. They picked up their bags and went away doing God knows what. So might social services came and placed me in a foster home."

"So wait your foster parents are looking for you?" He asked with a raised bro.

"Nope. My foster brothers. They were triplets, all insane. My foster parents tried to tell the state that they were mentally ill but they refused to send them to a care facility."

"And they are the ones looking for you? Why?" Demarcus said with a bit of authority in his voice. Mentally ill or not, he was ready to beat some ass over Y/N.

"I was like their little "pet" since I was younger. They became emotional attached to me and it was extremely creepy. I moved across the country, the world and they still found me. Restraining orders and everything." She said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. Y/N was honestly scared for her life. She really wanted to be with Demarcus but she was worried about her and his safety.

"Baby girl. If anything I could hire a body guard for you. Just know that I'm here to protect you. You mean so much to me and I really want to spend like the rest of my life with you." Demarcus confessed to her as he wiped the tears that were still falling from her eyes. Y/N was so overwhelmed by his words, she just nodded her head in agreement and rested it on his chest.

"I can't believe those fucking idiots actually got her. I should've been paying attention more. I should've left her in Sacramento where she was safe." Demarcus ranted to the empty house once again. It became a daily routine.

Since it happened, he blamed himself for the disappearance of Y/N and eventually her murder. Police officials say that they can't find the suspects, but he knew who they were.

No one knew that Y/N was dead. They thought she was over him and went rouge. That is why no one understood his pain.

Demarcus was willing to tell others, but Y/N didn't want the world to know about her crazy past, she just wanted the legacy she had live forever.

Unfortunately, Demarcus was suffering. He was suffering a lost that was too much to handle. His face lost the sarcastic glow that everyone loved or hated. His usually banters were no more. His schemes, the love for the game that he worked so hard to master in, vanished.

Simply, his sunshine was gone.

_._

Okay this one was a little deep 😭 I'll admit.

Thoughts?

Also I need ideas so feel free the drop them 😌

And I am up at 1:21 🙃 Yay.

One Love
Kam🖤