73. Meeting ~ Jaysom Tatum

Underdog Series [3]
Meeting
Featuring Jayson Tatum

"Ma. I'm nervous." Y/N's seven year old son Cameron said as he led his mother towards his classroom. Y/N let out a small chuckle as she watched her growing son.

"Why are you nervous? Are you giving your teacher a hard time?" She asked sternly as she raised her brow at him.

"No no no. Mr. Tatum and I are cool. I'm just nervous for him to meet you that's all." He quickly said as he held her hand, dragging her down the hall way. Y/N let out a small laugh, curious to what her son was up to now.

"Looks like we have to wait a bit." She said as she took a seat outside of the classroom. There were at least four other sets of parents with their children, as we was speaking to one inside.

"That's okay. We can wait." Cameron said as he sat on the seat next to her, swinging his legs.

"You? Mr. I don't have time for this can wait? I am appalled." Y/N said as she put her hand over her chest making her son giggle.

"Ma. Firstly you use the word appalled way too much. I know there is other words in the thesaurus and secondly, today is a good day." He said with a smile on his face. Y/N squinted his eyes at him as she pulled his ear lightly.

"Ow."

"Out here telling me about using a thesaurus. You are too smart for your age boy." She said as she shook her head. "And that girl you like spoke to you today huh."

Cameron face lit up with a big grin as he pushed his glasses up his nose.

"It's that obvious huh?"
"Yes it is mister no tooth."
"Ma. You said you're going to stop." He please as he covered his mouth. Y/N laughed a bit as she wrapped her arms around her son.

"It's okay baby. Mommy just playing." 

Cameron huffed lightly which made her chuckle a bit. She would've never thought that she would be raising a growing son at the age of 24. Y/N was a community oriented person and many social workers knew her. Cameron was just rescued from an abusive home at the age of three when they asked her if it was possible to take him in.

She was only twenty and finished her degree early, but she was stable enough to raise the child. Y/N honestly couldn't be anymore happier that she decided to adopt him. The last four years was of one with joy and happiness as she helped raised an intelligent young boy.

"Parents of Cameron." A deep voice said making Y/N head pop up. Y/N scanned the hallway to see where the voice came from, to see a tall pale caramel guy standing at the door.

"That's your teacher Cam?" Y/N asked more in a shock tone as they got up from her seat. Cameron let out a small laugh as he nodded his head. The duo walked towards the classroom as Mr. Tatum was already at his seat.

"Have a seat." He simply said as he watched Y/N intently. A small smile graced his lips as he observed how beautiful she was. Her smooth brown skin and bouncy curls alone attracted him.

"Good Evening Mrs-"

"Ms. Y/N." She corrected him as she held out her hand to shake. Jayson chuckled to himself as he shook her hand as well. He was slightly happy to hear that she wasn't married.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Y/N. I am Mr. Tatum, Cameron's teacher." He said as he shot one of his million dollar smiles at her. Y/N smiled back at him as she nodded her head.

"It's a pleasure to meet my son's favourite teacher." She replied staring at him still. Cameron watched between the two adults as he shook his head. He knew they were flirting and wasn't going to stop until they left.