41. Awkward ~ Tyler Ulis

Awkward
Featuring Tyler Ulis

Tyler sat down in his statistics class, admiring the chocolate woman across the room. He found the woman beautiful and loved her intelligence. They was she always knew the answer or how she annunciate her words, always had in in a trance.

His teammates thought he was crazy because she was known on campus as the awkward shy one. She wouldn't speak to anyone unless she was spoken to for academic reasons. Rumors said it that she had a serious case of social anxiety and that interacting with people made her breakdown.

But no matter how distant she tried to be from the outside world, Tyler was determined to at least get her to talk him. He wanted to hear her speak about her interests and pet peeves, about her favourite food and what she watches on tv.

He wanted to know her.

"The more you keep staring at her, the more distant she is going to get bro." Karl-Anthony Towns whispered to his teammate. Devin Booker, who was also on the team, let out a deep chuckle and shook his head.

"I still do not see what you see in her bro. She isn't all that at all." Devin said with a scoff. Tyler sucked his teeth and started to the work the professor assigned them to do.

"The thing with you Booker, you don't understand real beauty. She is beautiful outside and I bet you she has the prettiest soul on this earth. Plus have you seen the melanin glow in the sun." Tyler started to ramble off to his friends.

"You seem to know a lot about her fam. Sounding kind of stalkerish aren't we Ulis?" Karl joked as he patted his friend shoulder.

"Secret Admire I guess?" He answered back with a shrug.

"Well since you are so madly in love with this girl who would probably run away as soon as she sees you, why don't you go up and ask her out fool." Devin said as he rolled his eyes.

"It isn't that simple. This isn't no ordinary girl Booker."

"This is a melanin queen that needs to be approached with respect." Devin and Karl said with Tyler the same phrase he has been using for a long time.

"My nigga haven't you figured it out as yet. Like damn son." Devin said shaking his head. Tyler shrugged him off and went back to his work, thinking on ways to ask her out.

Joey BadA$$'s Ring The Alarm filled the dance studio as Y/N and her two friends Laura and Susie went over the routine for the song. The trio wanted to choreograph a piece in honour of the young rapper and so far they were all loving it.

"So a little birdie told me that Tyler was talking about you in class again." Susie said as they took a water break. Y/N rolled her eyes and drank from her water bottle.

"Let me guess they little birdie was Karl?" Laura asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Girl. Don't say that name too loud, I don't need these fast hoes hear we are talking." Susie said Side eyeing her friend. "You know the man got enough hoes to go around the world twice."

Y/N laughed at her friends dramatics and shook her head. Susie and Laura were the only two friends on campus and even with them she doesn't speak that much. She thought they would've left her after realizing how shy and socially awkward she was, but they refuse to leave her side.

"So. Missy, you know Tyler is like in love with you right?" Susie started back up as she watched her best friend with a soft smile.

"So you keep on saying. Don't really believe it and you know basketball players already." Y/N finally said as she rolled her eyes.

"But Tyler is such a sweetheart and you need to talk to somebody else other us baby girl." Laura chimed in with a hopeful look on her face.

"We went over this already. There are reasons why I am to myself. Plus I got you guys and I'm grateful for it. I don't need nobody, especially a man," Y/N responded as she went back to the speakers.

"But but penis Y/N. Penis. Your vagina is going to get depressed. Come on man." Susie said in deportation. She knew that Y/N trusted no one.

Why? Well her uncle, who was more like a big brother to her, decided to betray his family and sell all of their assets to the biggest drug Lord in their area. When the family realized what happened and confronted him, he came back and killed them off one by one. Y/N had to run away so she could survive and never spoke or trust anyone for a long time.

"Penis can come at a later time Susie. Let us go over the dance on more time."

"Somebody in the dance studio?" Tyler asked as they heard the music coming from that section of the Athletic department.

"Uh uh and I saw a split let us go and check." Devin said as he speed walked towards the studio. Karl, Willie and Tyler shook their head at their friend.

"Thirsty ass." Willie mumbled making the younger guys laugh. Reaching in front of the studio, they watched the girls performed through the glass window.

"Wait isn't that the girl Tyler been dreaming about?" Willie asked as he pointed in the direction of Y/N.

"Yes sir. She is a pretty talented dancer." Karl said nodding his head.

"How you didn't tell me she could dance." Tyler mumbled as he watched every moment.

"Because I know you go detective skills and will find out eventually." Karl said laughing. Devin turned around and shook his head in agreement.

"I'm surprised he doesn't know her social security number. Creepy ass." Devin said.

"Says the one who is eye raping Laura? Okay." Willie said laughing as well. When the girls were finished with their practice, Susie called for the guys to come inside.

"Really fam. Really." Y/N said as she felt her anxiety starting to act up.

"Take deep breathes sis. You got this." Laura said rubbing her back. Y/N followed her instructions and calmed down a bit.

"Y'all out here looking good and thing." Karl said as he wrapped his arm around Susie's Shoulder.

"You know we just trying a thing. Y/N choreography has always been awesome." Susie said as the boys watch in her direction.

"I didn't know you did all of that Y/N." Tyler said as he nodded his head in amazement. Y/N gave him a small smile as she let out a small breath.

"Yeah it is just a small thing I do" she said before packing up her stuff. The guys started to talk to the other girls, giving Tyler the opportunity to finally speak to Y/N.

"Hey Y/N." He said making her jump. She turned around holding her heart, glad it was only him.

"Sorry for scaring you." He said with a small chuckle. "I was wondering if I can ask you something."

"Umm sure. I guess." She said softly as she tried her best to keep her breathing normal.

"I just wanted you to know that I've been watching you for awhile and I've become interested in you and would like to know you better. So would you go out on a date with me tomorrow night?" He asked as he scratched the back of his neck.

He was met with an awkward silence that stood between the both of them. Y/N was in shock and didn't know how the respond. Her anxiety was about to explode and she had to get out of the room fast.

"Well I guess that means a no. I apologize for coming to strong." He said. As soon as he said that, she ran out of the room full speed trying to get some fresh air.

Finally reaching outside, she rested on the wall, sliding down to the ground, angry with herself. She let her anxiety ruin another great opportunity.

_._
It was just a random idea and I went with it lol.

Thoughts ?

Remember to leave some some ideas you guys want to see. I'll see if I can write them out.

Until Next Time
One Love
Kam🖤