Special Part II|| Ain't No Sunshine

Ain't No Sunshine II
Featuring Demarcus Cousins
Inspired By : Ain't No Sunshine ~ Bill Withers

Demarcus plopped down in his couch as he let out an exhausted breath. He arrived back home in New Orleans after the Pelicans went on a early season road trip.

He had fun. But that feeling basketball gave him only did so much.

He was still hurting. Every night he would go to bed thinking about the love of his life. Reminiscing on all the good and bad moments they shared. The way she would talk and have him engrossed in a topic that would never peaked his interest before. The way she supported him through all his trials and tribulations as a basketball star. The way she would watch him with the twinkle in her eyes, expressing her love for the man.

He missed her touch, her appearance, her comfort.

He missed Y/N a lot. It was slowly taking away from him. He refused to tell randoms that she was killed, so they assumed she fled the country, hiding from the center.

But if they only knew.

Demarcus let out a bitter chuckle as he shook his head at her "friends" back in Sacramento accusations.

They blamed him for her disappearance. They said that he sent her overboard and made her run away. He laughed in their faces and held his tongue.

He wasn't about to let a story jump out.

Y/N complained about those who surrounded her and how they were toxic. They always talked her down when she wanted to do something new, and dating Demarcus was one of them.

He let people believe what they wanted to believe, because once again he knew the truth.

Unfortunately, the saying the truth hurts came into fruition. When the news arrived to her foster parents, they automatically knew who killed her.

They filed a complaint to the NYC police about the triplets they hosted. Explained in every detail how they were all mentally ill and were dangerous men.

Two weeks later, Demarcus got the call saying that they were in jail for the murder and other charges.

Justice was served.

His happiness however was still on the edge. He tried to play basketball 24/7, but there was only so much the body could take. He would avoid going to spots that he knew where her favourite and even moved into a new apartment.

He was trying to remember her too much, because all it did was make him cry. 

Walking through the supermarket, Demarcus slowly pushed his cart as he grabbed the items he needed for his home. It was something he did just to clear his mind a bit.

Turning down the aisle to pick up some snacks, he saw someone at the end of the aisle looking exactly like Y/N.

The person turned around and smiled at him. He wanted to know if he was going crazy. He quickly closed his eyes and opened them back again and the person was gone.

"Man boogie. You are sending yourself mad." He said to himself as he picked up some chips. As he dropped the bag in the cart, he saw Y/N right in front of him. She gave him that big warm smile. He stretched his hands out to touch her and he was met with the empty space.

He quickly shook his head and headed towards the cashier. He needed to get out of there quick. He had no idea what was happening to him.

Demarcus held the phone in his hand and debated if he should call his mother and explain her what happened. It seem too real and his mother had an answer for everything.

"Hey baby, how are you holding up?" His mother asked as she answered the phone.

"I'm freaking out ma. The weirdest thing just happened to me in the store." He said as he paced around his living.

"What is it?" She asked with some concern in her voice.

"I think I was having hallucinations of Y/N in the store. Like I turned down the aisle to get chips and she was there smiling at me. I was freaking out so I closed my eyes and when I opened it back she was gone." He explained to his mother.

"Oh. Anything else happened after that?" She asked

"Yes. When I picked up the chips and put it the cart, I looked up she was there again. I stretched my hand out to touch her and there wasn't a body there. I'm honestly scared ma." He said as he finally sat down on his bed. His mother hummed in response as she was thinking on what her son just told her.

"Ahhh. I know what's going on baby." She said. Demarcus arched his eyebrow as he heard the smile in her voice.

"What is going on? And is it something good?" He asked cautiously.

"Baby, that's your guardian angel looking down on you. She showed herself to you so you could see that she has your back and that everything is going to be fine."

"Guardian Angel? Never thought about that?" He said as she scratched the back of his neck.

"Mhhm. Now say your prayers and get some rest. I love you."

"Love you too ma." He said before hanging up the phone.

"And I love you too Demarcus." He heard a voice said to him. He snapped his head up quickly as he saw Y/N standing right in front of him. She walked slowly towards him with the biggest smile plastered across her face.

"I love you and I'm here for you. I want you to be happy. I want you to live life. The best you can baby boy. I'm always watching you." She said as she kissed his cheek and disappeared.

"I love you too." He said as he looked up to the ceiling.

His Sunshine left him, but he wasn't left in the dark anymore.

He wasn't left in the dark anymore.

_._
This is the first imagine apart of the part two specials. ☺️

It was kinda deep ish, lol. I hope you guys enjoyed it👀

Vote.Comment. Do all that other ish.

Now back to writing these two speeches for a debate on Saturday 😭 HELP ME .

One Love
Kam 🖤