82. Survival Tactics ~ Marcus Morris

Underdog Series [12]
Survival Tactics
Featuring Marcus Morris
Inspired by Survival Tactics ~ Joey Bada$$ and Capital  STEEZ

It's panic like Dora when shots blast.

"Never in my twenty years of living I thought I would be here." Y/N mumbled to herself as she ducked behind an abandoned corner store. She clutched to her rifle and her backpack with snacks and other defense items as she scoped out the place.

All she needed to do was to make a run to the other side of the bridge. However, their were armed guards patrolling the area they recently seized. The area where Y/N grew up in.

Now you may ask, what in the world happened to put Y/N in this situation.

It's because of a simple phrase.

The Race War.

People might think that this was the work of the 45th President, the Orange man himself, Donald Trump, but no sweetie you are totally wrong.

This happened after the nation elected another black president. A black,female president.

The rednecks couldn't take it. They rallied up and started havoc through out the nation. The war has been in effect for the last two years and the future wasn't looking pleasant.

Countries stopped sending aid and others refused to send. The white rich man was richer, as the black rich was on the streets with their people, fighting for their lives.

Fighting for their rights.

Y/N peeked around the corner, sensing that is was clear. She got up from her low stance and started running towards the end of the road. Her feet moved quickly as her long legs gave her long strides, kicking up dust behind. She was almost there.

She thought.

"Nigger." She heard from her left as shots started to fly. Y/N dogged and duck, trying not to get hit. She had no time to shoot back, she had to run.

Y/N's leg went in as a bullet pierced her left calf. She let out a small cry as she held it, now hoping. As she struggled in the middle of the street, a large arm wrapped around her chest bringing her close to him.

As soon as she was about to panic, she noticed that arm was a smooth caramel colour, decorated with tattoos. She let out a small sigh as his firearm went off, killing the persons that tried to get her.

Making sure the area was clear, he picked her up bridal style, running another route she wasn't aware of. All was heard was the heavy steps of his feet and the heavy breathing that escaped both of their lips.

The mystery man opened a door behind of an abandoned apartment complex and crunched down through the door. He turned around and locked the door before placing Y/N on a old couch.

"Paul, Maddie. I need bandages now." He yelled through the area. He quickly took off his shirt and wrapped it around Y/N's wound to prevent her from losing any more blood. Y/N sat up a bit, silently thanking him as she admired his features. His caramel face was covered with a thick beard and his muscles were defined and decorated with different forms of body art.

He was beautiful.

"Man, who got shot, oh hi." The man, who Y/N assumed was Paul said as he came out with the bandages in his hand. He handed them to the mystery man and took a seat across from her.

"Y'all have no manners, there is a young girl here being bandaged and I bet none of you guys introduced yourselves to her." A dark cocoa woman came out as she rolled her eyes. She grabbed the bandage from the mystery man and opened a bottle of alcohol to clean the wound. "Hey sweetie I am Maddie and these ass holes are Paul and Marcus. It might burn a bit, but you look like a tough girl."

"Thank you so much. I am Y/N." She said lightly as she adjusted herself to get wrapped up.

"Not to be nosey or anything, but how did you get this bulled wound." She said pulling out the bullet with a pair of tweezers. Y/N let out a loud yell as she felt it coming out of her body.

"Was trying to get in a safe zone. My area was just taken over by those pathetic bitches. Got caught on the run to under the bridge." Y/N said with distaste in her mouth. Maddie shook her head as she started to wrap her leg.

"I bet you Mr. always save the day Marcus caught you just in time before they killed you huh?" She said with a small smirk on her face. Paul let out a loud chuckle as Marcus rolled his eyes.

"What Marcus? You don't want me to tell this beautiful young woman that you've been highkey protecting her for the last two months. That you were assigned to her by her parents before they were killed." She said as she watched him with a knowing look.

Y/N watched the trio with a confusion when realization settled in. Y/N shook her head as she let out a small laugh.

"That's how those guys randomly dropped down a couple weeks ago." She said smiling at him. Marcus gave her a small shrug as he sat back in the couch. Maddie shook her head at his demeanor as she clasped the bandage shut.

"You're good to go sweetie. And now that you are with us, you got to move with us." Maddie said as she got up from her seat.

"Yup. We got to move in the morning to higher ground. Can't allow them to find us especially being on the other side of the bridge." Paul said as he nodded his head.

"There is a safe house on the other end of town. It can take us a good twenty hours to get there." Y/N said with a small shrug. Marcus smiled at her as he shook his head.

"Don't worry about that baby girl. We got our own connects. We'll only be out there for five." Marcus said.

"Baby girl?" The three of them said at the same time making him sucked his teeth.

"You know what man, you two go finish pack please. Bye." Marcus said as he shooed them away. Maddie and Paul shook their heads laughing as they headed to the back.

Marcus got up from his seat and sat next to her, lifting her wounded leg onto his lap. His hands slowly massaged her thighs, releasing the tension in her leg.

"Before you ask, no they don't know." He said as he continued his work.

"Why not? They seemed to be one of the only people that you got during these trying times. They should no Marcus." Y/N said in a soft tone as she watched Marcus.

"Man. You was the one who wanted to keep it a secret. What happened now?"

"You saved my life and made me realise that time is too short to keep hiding. I understood that is was a part of our survival tactics but I think they should know that we are married Marcus."

"Hold up? Marcus can not only get pussy but a whole wife? Yup you heard that Maddie, Jesus is coming now." Paul said as he walked back outside in shock. Marcus sucked his teeth as Y/N giggled at his reaction.

"Paul can you stop being embarrassing and oh Marcus I already knew. You two catch up. We got a busy day tomorrow."

And that's what they did. Especially since their future wasn't certain.

Inspired by redtheraconteur_ 

_._
I honestly enjoyed writing this as well.

Thoughts?

One more/ two more for today?

I also posted chapter 24 of Kings

One Love
Kam 🖤