Thirty One

I sit on my hands and knees, scrubbing the floorboards in the living room. These dark oak floors are beautiful but there is so much dirt in the cracks that it makes them look dingy. I've been scrubbing these floors for about two hours now, making them look brand new again.

It's ten after five and Harry should be home soon. The aloe he put on my hand last night really helped because is looks a lot better today. It's still red but the peeling has stopped and it doesn't feel as tender.

The remark Harry said about me killing him really sent a shiver down my spine. I don't know what he was trying to accomplish with that but holy it made me feel weird. He's got this way of making his words so twisted, but leading me into wanting my information from him. Everything about himself makes me want to find more- more about what lies in that deranged mind if his.

Like I've said multiple times before, Harry is a twisted man. He's complicating and devious, devious enough to play stupid mind games in order to have control. He would stand in front of me, gently lathering my hand of aloe vera while telling me that he has killed there innocent people earlier. He is the most  complex person I've ever been around. What scares me is that I don't even know if he realizes how evil he is. Like does he think that the things he does are normal? If so then that terrifies me to an extreme.

Speaking of the devil, the door opens and I hear the sound of giant boots stepping in from behind me.

"Well that's a view I like walking into the door." Harry's deep voice enters my thoughts as he stands behind me, pointing out that I'm on my hands and knees. I just know that he's staring at my behind. I can hear the perverted smirk on his face.

I roll my eyes at the vulgar comment and quickly sit to turn around.

"Well hello to you too." I say obnoxiously as I look at him towering over me in his black ensemble.

"Scrubbing the floors I see?" He says while shutting the door behind him and taking off his jacket.

"Yep," I say before looking down and finishing up the floor.

He takes of his boots before walking towards the couch, throwing his tall body down onto it and laying his head down, placing his arm over his eyes in rest. His body basically takes up the whole couch because he's so tall.

I wipe up the rest of the floor and grab the cleaning supplies, bringing them back to the kitchen. I put the items under the sink and wash my hands, being extra careful with the burned one. Suddenly I hear a small but punctual beeping noise come from the living room, making me stop in my tracks. I've heard that sound before...but when?

The beeping comes to a complete halt and seconds after Harry comes casually walking into the kitchen and heading straight to the medicine cabinet. He blatantly passes me and opens the cupboard, reaching into it and grabbing out a small neon orange bottle. He wraps his massive hand over the small white cap and unscrews it, grabbing a white pill and popping into him mouth- swallowing it dry.

The beeping was his watch! I remember a while ago that the same sound came from his watch and he vanished into the kitchen. What is he taking meds for?

"What are those?" I ask.

"None of your business." He quickly answers as if he knew I was going to ask.

"Come on Harry not everything needs to be a huge secret. You know I'm going to read the label the minute you leave." I persuade.

He then rips the white label of the bottle and rips it up before throwing it into the garbage. I widen my eyes as he places the bottle back into the cupboard and walks out of the kitchen.