Eighty Nine

The chalk crashes to the ground and I step back from the blackboard in fear. I didn't realize I was crying until I felt a tear tumble down my cheek.

Harry is Westly, and Westly is just an alias.

"Their was a mission to the gang and once we achieved it, he wanted to call it off, but Westly on the other hand wanted to go even further and keep the war going. They couldn't move forward unless both of them agreed, so rumour has it that Westly shot Adrian."
-
"He is a very powerful man that will rip you to shreds Amelia. Don't you fucking ever bring up his name again. He will ruin you and if I hear you toss around his name like that again like we are having a casual conversation, I will lose my shit. Got it?"
-
"I've never spoken a word to the guy, neither has anyone else. Ever since Adrian died, he stays sheltered up in his office and doesn't say a word to anyone. Whenever he needs orders done, he faxes the exclusive members about it such as Me, Niall, Liam, and Louis- then we make the announcement to the rest of the gang. No one even knows what the man looks like besides me and the boys. Even before Adrian died, he never wanted people to see him- I guess for his own protection but it was always very strange."
-
"He may be hidden, but he is ruthless. He won't stand for anyone turning on him or talking bad about him. Westly will kill you and everyone you know if you step out of line."
-
"Westly killed your brother, Amelia."
-

All these things Harry has said to me in the past about Westly replay through my head like a broken record. He was Westly the entire time. He was the leader the entire time, and he was the one that killed my brother.

I gasp for air and feel like the rug has been ripped out from under my feet. My body feels like it's going into lock down because before I know it, I'm fighting for a breath and tears shower my face. I cup my hand over my mouth and just stare at the chalkboard with wide puffy eyes. He lied to me, he's been lying to me this entire time. He pretended like this monster of a man was someone that no one saw, someone that stayed barricaded in an office hidden somewhere.

But he was the hidden monster the entire time.

I feel like I'm going to be sick. This man that I've loved this whole time has turned out to be the most evil person on the planet. I fell in love with the man that murdered my brother.

"Amelia?" I hear the deep raspy voice yell from the front door of the apartment. My body stays frozen, staring at the chalkboard in shock. My feet feel like their stapled to the ground because I can't move. It wasn't for a few moments that I heard Harry walk down the hallway, calling my name a few more times to get my attention.

"There you are, what are yo-" I hear him say from the doorway, my back facing him as I stare at the chalkboard. I turn my head back to him, tears staining my cheek and my hands shaking. He looks at the board like he just saw a ghost. His eyes are wide and his pink lips parted ever so slightly.

"W-what's this?" He stutters, his voice quiets out of worry.

"You lied to me Harry." I can barely speak. His eyes fill with hurt as he stares blankly, looking just as nervous as me.

"Amelia, it's not what it loo-" He steps closer but I step back, not even wanting to be in the same room as him.

"Don't lie to me! I've read your letters Harry. Their all addressed to Westly! Your name isn't even on the list of names in this gang. Your god damn name is just a jumbled version of Westlys!" The sadness starts to turn into anger. He looks at me like I'm what his nightmares consist of.