Sixty

Okay so by book hit 6.66 reads today on Halloween- strange lmao. Enjoy the chapter!!

I slowly open my eyes and stare at the clock, it's 9:30am.

I don't even know what time Harry came home last night, I was in bed by 11:30 and he wasn't home. I think I remember waking up briefly and hearing some rummaging around 2am but I was half asleep.

It bothers me that we still haven't talked- not one word. It's been two days since our argument. I don't know what's going through his mind and it kinda makes me nervous. He hasn't spoken to me in two days now; not even to demand chores.

I have no clue where he is now, I don't really hear him so I guess he's out again, doing who knows what. Maybe he's out drinking or messing around with some girls down at the strip club like he said he could if he wanted too. It is only 9:30 in the morning but I could still imagine Harry doing all those things.

I yawn and sling my feet over onto the ground, I walk up to the closet and throw on my light blue sweater. Yesterday was such a lonely day. I was left with nothing but my thoughts, my thoughts that were flooded of him. It was really difficult. I was fighting with my thoughts and feelings for the whole day- it was exhausting. I kept defending him in my head but then kept defending myself.

I open my door and walk straight to the washroom across the hall, still half asleep. I get in and shut the door behind me, walking over to the sink and grabbing my toothbrush which is next to Harry's.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and don't really like what I see. You can tell how beaten down I look emotionally just by my eyes. My hair is a mess so I just try to tame it with my hands. I can't brush it because then my wavy hair will just turn super frizzy, and that's even harder to manage.

I flatten it out a bit and start brushing my teeth, trying to distract myself from everything that's gone wrong in the past two days. I wonder how long he won't talk to me for. I spit in the sink and finish brushing my teeth, rinsing with mouthwash after. I then wash my face to wake myself up a bit, hoping it will liven up my appearance a little more. 

But honestly who am I trying to impress?

I finish washing my face and head to the closed washroom door, opening it back up so a timid cold breeze hits me. At least if Harry's not here because then I don't have to barricade myself in my room all day to avoid him. My bare feet shuffle down the hallway, keeping my hands covered in the sweater sleeves.

I walk out to the second floor railing and stop in my tracks at the sight in front of me. My jaw drops instantly and my eyes naturally go wide in shock as I look over at the first floor living room.

Theirs white twinkle lights hanging up all along the top of the walls near the ceiling- brightening up the whole room. The electric fireplace is on for once and at the far end of the room is colourful Christmas lights zig-zaged down the wall to mimic a tree with little Christmas ornaments  hanging off the wires.

And out of all of this, Harry stands in the middle of the room, looking up at me with a worried expression on his face.

"Merry Christmas Amelia." His voice that I feel like I haven't heard in so long finally speaks.

My heart slams against my chest as his inflamed cheeks stare up at me, twisting the rings on his fingers.

I am lost for words, completely lost. I look around at all the effort this boy put into this living room to make me happy. He hates Christmas, he probably hates everything in here right now.