Seventy Two

Amelia Adams

"Are you almost done that book Amelia?" Harry's deep voice beckons from his office.

I follow his voice into his office and see him standing with his muscled bare back to me, looking up at the chalkboard with scribbles all over it.

"Catcher in the Rye? Almost." I lean against the doorway and cross my arms, wearing one of his shirts.

"Well you might want to hurry it up because you'll probably want to read the one that's on my desk." He says while keeping his back to me and dragging the chalk across the board.

I arch my brow in curiosity and tread my bare feet over to his dark wooded desk, looking for the book.

I actually gasp when I see it, the familiar paperback book sits on his desk- brand new and untouched. I grab the small novel to my fingers gently and confirm my thoughts that it's what I think it is.

A Walk to Remember. My favourite book that I've read countless times in my life. He someone got a copy and now it sits in my hands again.

"Harry oh my god!" I can't help but exclaim in excitement. I'm not kidding when I told him this is my all time favourite book. I would read it on my way home from school, I'd read it at school, when I went to bed- anywhere. I'd read it anywhere.

He looks back over his shoulder and smirks at me and my dumbfounded expression. He puts the textbook down on the table and takes off his black rimmed glasses.

"How did you find this!" I ask while still examining the book.

"It took me a while- I've been looking for a copy since you told me about it." He chuckles and walks his shirtless body over to me.

I can't get rid of the burning smile on my face. The second he steps in front of me, my arms flail around his shoulders in am embrace, still keeping the book clenched in my right hand.

"Harry- thank you." I smile while he hugs me back, letting the satisfying smell of his cologne trace along his soft skin.

"Don't worry about it." His hand runs in circles on my back before we separate.

"You should read it." I suggest while holding it out.

He purses his lips together and arches his brow at my words. His eyes look down at the paperback novel and retrieving it in his hands.

"Mm it's not really my type of genre." He contemplates while lacing his emerald eyes down the cover and the back description.

"I still think you should give it a chance. You'll probably finish it before I finish Catching in the Rye." I chuckle while running my hands up his forearms. 

"Alright, I'll read it tonight and see if I like it." He says while placing the book on the desk behind me and turning back to his giant chalkboard.

He stretches his arms up and places his hands on the back of his head- making his shoulder muscles pop. I scan my eyes down his jagged body and bite my lip slightly. His back indents and his spin and leads all the way down to the dimples at his waist. He ruffles the back of his curly hair, making me see the tattoo on the back of his neck for a quick second.

The angel wings. I forgot about those. I was always meaning to ask him why it was there, specifically on the back of his neck. I never did because I was always nervous of overstepping my boundaries with him.