Fifty Five

Amelia Adams

My feet shuffle down the Main Street of the underground strip. I need to pick up some flour, and eggs because I really want to make cookies. I need something sweet so I've taken the initiative to just pop out to the market, Harry's at work anyway.

"Amelia!" The familiar cheery voice shouts. I turn my head and see Erica standing in the tattoo parlour doorway- a big smile shines on her face and she waves me over to her. I smile and jog over to the parlour with a polite smile on my face.

"Erica Hi." I smile and she opens her arms for a hug. Before I get to process it, her arms are already wrapped around me in an embrace.

"Haven't seen you since the club almost two weeks ago! I was meaning to ask you what happened with Harry?" She says while guiding me into the store, linking her hand in mine.

I always enjoy Erica's positivity, she barely knows me but every time I talk to her she acts like we've been friends for years- it's nice.

"What do you mean?" I ask for further detail.

"He literally carried you off the stage girl; he seemed really angry!" She says while pulling me into one of the tattooing rooms.

"Oh- um well he just didn't want me up there." I sit down on the leather bed while she sits across from me on the chair. She arches a brow at me and smirks.

"Why did he care if you up there? You are just his assistant right." She chuckles while rolling her chair over to the desk, opening the drawer and pulling out a sandwich in a plastic baggy.

"Yeah- well it's just because I kinda represent him and stuff." I play off.

She takes the cut sandwich out and hands me half of it; "It's cheese and ham." She smiles while holding the half out.

"Oh I don't need to take your lunch- it's okay." I smile at her kindness.

"Don't be silly, I insist." She holds the sandwich out farther, hoping I'll take it.

I chuckle and retrieve the sandwich half from her fingers, chuckling and shaking my head from her act of kindness. She grins as I take it from her hands, and take a bite from the perfectly made sandwich.

"It seemed like he was too angry to just be pulling off his assistant. And I talked to Carly the other day, she told me about how Harry completely just flaked her off when she approached him at the club. All he said to her was 'to get out of the way'." Erica explains while laughing a bit at the end, trying to mock his deep voice and accent.

He blew her off like that? Wow, I didn't realize he turned a beautiful girl down so quickly.

"Really? Strange." I laugh while taking a bite of the sandwich.

"So there's nothing going on between you and him?" She clarifies.

"Uhm no, we keep things strictly professional." I mumble with a smile.

"No way! You slept with him!" She immediately shouts, making me widen my eyes and jump out of my chair.

"Shh! You're yelling Erica." I cover her mouth with my hand out of reflex. She keeps her eyes wide and points at me.