Ninety Two

So the last chapter isn't going to be continued on. I know it seems like I left it on a cliffhanger with the 12 year old harry getting beaten up but it was meant to be left there so you just get an idea of what happened. Thank you to all that have given me such positive feedback- it means the world.

Amelia Adams

Well this is it." Erica says while opening the door to her apartment. She holds the door open for me and I smile slightly, still sniffly.

"Thank you for letting me stay here.. I just didn't know where to go." I murmur as she shuts he door behind her.

"Hey, don't worry about it. You can stay for as long as you want, but you need to tell me what happened." She tried to console me with a smile. I don't know what I would do without her, because there's no way I could stay in that place with Harry- even if I barricaded myself in my room.

Her apartment is small, but very nice and cozy. It looks just like I'd imagine Erica's apartment would look like. The living room is accented with different colours and she has nice picture frames everywhere of her and friends.

"Things are just really hard between Harry and I right now. He kept things from me and I don't know if I could forgive him for it." I cross my arms and take off my shoes quietly. Erica frowns lightly and directs me to go sit on the couch with her.

"What did he keep from you? If you don't mind me asking." She says while leaning the side of her head on her hand, elbow propped on the back of the couch. I sit in front of her in the couch, keeping my hands on my lap.

"It's a long story." I shake my head and look at my lap with seldom on my face.

"Amelia, I have time." She taps my knee with her hand before looking at me with a small reassuring smile.

And with that, I told her almost everything. I told her how I was kidnapped, I told her how he killed my brother, I told her how I fell deeply in love with him but I didn't tell her that Harry was Westly and my brother was Adrian. Their were probably so many other things I left out, but I still can't think straight. My mind is just flooded with Harry, and I'm afraid that I'll never get him out of my head.

"Amelia.. I'm so sorry." She says with sympathetic eyes, reaching out to lightly grasp my hand. Erica has always been very comforting since I met her. She always seemed like the perfect person to talk to about this stuff.

"Me too." I murmur quietly, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"What are you gonna do now?" She asks the question that scares me the most.

"I have no idea. I can't be with someone who kept such a big secret from me. If he lied to me about my brother, then who knows what else he lied to me about. What if he never loved me in the first place?" I explain while getting more and more worked up.

A moment of silence goes by and I tuck a loose stand of hair behind my ear. I can't keep crying over this- I can't.

"Did you know that Harry was considered 'the guy that never smiled'? That's what people whispered about him all the time. Everyday I saw him walk by the parlour with the same monotone look on his face, looking like he was so unsatisfied with everything around him. Everyone looked at him and immediately feared his persona. When he walked in a room, everyone's head turned because he literally drained the place of any positivity." She explains, making me arch my brow.

"Where is this going?" I chuckle lightly as she just tells me about how miserable Harry is all the time.

"Because then I saw you two together, specifically one night I watched you guys leave a restaurant. His arm was on your shoulder and your hand was reached up to interlock your fingers together as you strolled down the street. He had the biggest smile on his face as you two seemed to talk about things I couldn't here. I was going to walk up and say hello but I saw the way he looked down at you and I realized that I didn't want to interrupt. You two looked so perfect, so unbothered by everything around you. I've seen Harry smile a handful of times, and it's only been when he was with you." She softly explains, making my heart slam against my chest. I look down at my lap and slowly nod. I never knew that's what people thought about Harry all the time, I always understood that he was intimidating to everyone- but never to this extent.