Ninety Five

Amelia Adams

I open the front door wide after its been empty for almost a week, Harry right next to me. He finally got to come home after being in the hospital and it was the longest week of my life. I sat next to his unconscious body for four days, replaying every hurtful thing I ever said to him before he passed out. It's emotionally draining thinking you're going to lose someone so special to you, even if you're upset or angry with them.

No matter the hurt that he's caused me, I love him. I love him so much but my feelings are something that can lead me to getting hurt again. I wish I could just forget everything; I wish I can just go back to laying in his arms and running my hands through his hair while he sleeps- but I know that's not how life works. He lied to me and he murdered my brother, I can't just pretend and move on. I don't know where our relationship is going to go from this point and it scared me because maybe I'll never get over the hurt he caused me.

I needed time alone, but I can't leave him right after he gets out of the hospital. Even though he seems fine, I'll never forgive myself if I left an then found out he passed out again. It's going to make things harder for me to live under the same roof as him right now, but his health means everything to me.

Once the door opens, it reveals the trashed apartment. I merely forgot how destroyed it was from a week ago. The glass and alcohol covered the oak floors, and the furniture was tossed everywhere.

He widened his eyes at the state of the living room- scanning it like he didn't even know he did it.

"Oh my god.." He whispers under his breath, his eyes bouncing around the room.

"Yep." I mumble back while walking in to the apartment.

"I did all of this?" He immediately asks.

"Yep." I repeat while shutting the door behind us. Looking at this room just gives me awful flashbacks of when he was whipping things at the wall and screaming his head off.

"She never loved me! She hates me! She hates me!" The bottles fly against the wall as he screams at the top of his lungs.

Shivers run down my spin knowing how cold and dark this place has become. Some of our best memories were at this apartment, but now all I can think about is all the anger and tears.

I walk in with my shoes so I don't get glass in my foot.

"I'm going to go grab the broom." I throw my hair up into a ponytail and walk towards the stairs.

"Amelia I'll clean it up. Go rest, you barely have slept in the past few days." He says while taking off his jacket.

"No, it's fine. I'm not tired." I murmur while heading up the stairs and grabbing the broom and a garbage bag. I don't want to sleep right now, I can't sleep right now. I come back down and see him flipping the couches back around and moving the furniture to its original formation.

"If anything you shouldn't be doing this, you just got out the hospital." I say while getting back down to the main level.

"I'm fine, they kept me there a lot longer then they needed to." He answers while I start sweeping the floor, collecting all the broken shattered glass. This place is going to take a while to clean. Theirs glass everywhere and theirs alcohol all over the ground mixed with cigarette butts.