Forty Nine

"Amelia." Harry shouts my name from the other room. I huff and get off my bed, walking to Harry's office where he sits in his big desk with papers scattered across. Ever since he revealed to me what in his office, he always keeps the door open now.

"Yes?" I poke my head into the room, looking at his stresses out state.

"I just got a phone call that my glasses and contacts are in. Can you go pick them up? I'm too swamped with work." He mumbles while placing his elbows on the table and rubbing his temples with his fingers.

I eagerly smile and nod.

"Oh nice their in already?" I say in excitement.

"Yep unfortunately they are." He forms his lips into a seldom line as I feel excitement.

"Oh don't be so down about it." I chuckle before hurrying out of the room and down to the front door to get my shoes on.

I slide the casual sneakers on and walk out of the apartment, issuing my barcode to lock the door behind me. The doctors office isn't that far from here so that's always a positive. I'm still a little shaken up about being alone but I'm are everything will be fine. I've come to the realization that I can't trust anyone in this place besides Harry.

And maybe I'm crazy for even saying that.

I get in the elevator and go all the way to the hospital, keeping my head low and my eye contact to a minimum. I just really don't want anyone to talk to me. I just need to grab the glasses and get out.

I walk into the small hospital and go to the front desk. I know theirs a optometrist office here but I really don't know where it is and I'm not going to go looking for it because knowing me I'll just get lost.

The lady at the front desk writes stuff down on a big chart before I earn her attention.

"Hi excuse me, I need to pick up a glasses prescription. Do you know where I would go for that?" I ask politely.

"Yep so the optometrist is just on his lunch break right now so if you can just wait in here for a few minutes then I'll call you up when he's back." She instructs and I nod with a small smile. I really just wanted to be in and out as quickly as possible but I guess that's not the case.

I walk over and sit in one of the waiting room chairs and place my hands on my lap. I can't help but notice the women in a few chairs down, sobbing on her friends shoulder. She looked pretty rough to be honest. Her dark smokey makeup was running down her cheeks and her teased hair was all knotted and mistreated. She wore a short cheetah print dress that was basically falling off her shoulders. She cried obsessively through her smeared pink lips while her friend in just as much revealing clothing tries to calm her down. They look like they had a really bad night at a club.

"I-I just don't u-understand why someone w-would do t-that to him." He uncontrollably stutters between cries. My heart breaks for this woman who is obviously crying over someone she loves. For her sake I hope he isn't dead or something.

"He always t-told me that w-we were going to get married someday." She continues to cry to her friend as I eavesdrop from across the room. God I feel so bad for her. To love some so much and wanting to spend the rest of you life with them is a big deal. Then to have something brutally happen to that person can be earth shattering.

"No one even knows who did it. He was shot and left in a bathroom stall Ashley!" The woman sobs to her friend and it makes stomach turn.