Ninety

"I have met you before Amelia, but you were young." He says, making me shake my head. He can't be serious. I don't know how much more information I can take from him.

"That's impossible. I would have remembered you." I say in confusion- my breathing staggered in anxiety and my palms sweaty in nervousness.

"It was eleven years ago Amelia. You were eight at the time and I was with your brother everyday after school. I knew you, your mom, and your dad." He states, making my head spin. He's got to be crazy, I have never met him before a couple months ago.

"I don't believe you."

"You said it yourself, you barely remember anything from before you were eight. You moved to a whole new town." He says, making me look up at him in still a lot of confusion.

"Yeah so? What does me moving have to do with anything Harry! You were never in my life!" I just get more and more irritated.

"Because.." he begins, looking like so many things are filling his mind.

"Because why!" I shout in impatience.

"Because I'm the reason you moved!" He says a little louder, trying to get his point across. I stand silent and blink my eyes for a second, waiting for him to further explain. What the hell is he talking about?

"H-how.." I murmur.

He softens his eyes a bit and relaxes his features in guilt. Looking at me like I'm disintegrating from his hands.

"Do you know what your mothers job was before you moved to a different place?" He almost whispers, making me shrug and try to remember. I'm lost about what my mom has to do with any of this.

"I don't know, I think my dad said she was a librarian or something. Why does this possible matter!" I shake my head, still trying to find the point to this. I feel like I'm spinning in circles because I can't think straight.

He stares at me through his green eyes, not saying a single word. Almost like he's waiting for me to say something else or come to a realization. I flicker back between his orbs through my glossy ones, still not understanding but trying to puzzle things together.

But then it hit me.

"Oh my god!" I smack my hand over my mouth in shock. His eyes look at me in sympathy and his head slowly nods, looking like he absolutely shamed that it's true.

She. Was. A. Librarian.

"I'm so sorry Amelia." His voice cracks.

"Let go of me right now." I mutter in anger, feeling more tears stain my cheeks.

"Amelia please ju-"

"Let go of me Harry! My moms library was the one you burned down? I can't believe you!" I scream and squirm a bit in his grip. He flinches a bit at my screaming and lets go of my arms. The minute I'm released, I storm to the door again- this time he isn't blocking me.

"Amelia I was twelve and hurt! I had anger issues. Please baby you have to understand that I was in a dark place. She was the lady I asked to adopt me but she couldn't because I was too much to handle!" He follows me out of the room as I storm down the hallway.

"You burned down my mothers library! What were you trying to do? Kill us all?" I shout while not even looking at him. He grabs my wrist again right before I get to the staircase, swinging me around to face him again.