<3

Hi, I know this is a surprise considering I completed this book years ago. I just have a few things to say if you'll stick around for a second.

I started the malignant series on a camping trip about 6-7 years ago. I was v young, and had very bad grammar skills (still not the best). I didn't know how to write a story and I had no plan on where it was going to go, I simply just started it because I was bored and had no wifi on this trip. The story was inspired by an eery picture I saw of Harry. It was kinda blurry, he looked kinda evil, and for me the background was similar to something that was underground. That picture alone inspired me to create a fictional world that gave me the control to do whatever I wanted. I got to conduct my own twisted love story for the first time, despite how little I knew about love.

So I wrote and wrote and wrote on my free time, but eventually I lost touch and took a long break. It wasn't until I was a bit older that I continued with a more serious perspective, using writing as an outlet for my sadness and anxiety rather then just for fun.

When I finally completed book one of malignant, it had 15k. Throughout the entire book, I retrieved about 200 comments all together. I remember posting a chapter in hope I'd see comments from the only three people that ever left them. Either way I was so immersed in a story I made up, it distracted me from issues in my normal life. When the book started taking off, I was starting devotion and in college.

From there I can't begin to fathom how incredible this has all been for me, how much love I have for every single person that rooted for me and my little books. Despite the terrible grammar and misuses of 'theirs'—y'all still gave it a chance. My three comments on each chapter turned to thousands. My 24hrs worth of wattpad notifs went from 8 to 15k, I still can't believe it.

And today, we hit ten million.

Writing these books for the entirety of my teen years really changed who I thought I was, it helped me discover more about myself then anything else. I've grown so much as a person within these crazy years (grammar and personality) and I owe it all to you.

I wish I could give fourteen year old jules a hug, because she had no idea what she started on that camping trip and she definitely had no idea where it was going.

Thank you for everything<3

//feel free to follow my twitter julez_jpg to where I post updates and stuff about my current harry fic duplicity. Also fun things regarding the malignant series.

I can't believe duplicity is approaching a million, like what? who let me write another dark fic??

lots of love, always xx