Friday Phone calls, Saturday Appointments pt 1

Kit stretched as he walked out of classes ahead pf Pha and Beam. It was Friday and, not only did Ming have some special thing set up for him this weekend, but the best part was he had gotten to sleep in Ming's arms every night this week. Not a single nightmare.

Monday evening, they had both called Ming's mom. The two of them had caught her up on everything and warned her that the report should arrive in her inbox soon. Then they had called Kit's parents. Mrs. Intochar remembered Ming from that one night visit and asked him when he would drop by again. Ming promised to do so soon. Then they explained why they were calling.

"Well I'm surprised you're only telling me this now. It happened on Saturday. The school already called me and told me everything. Hurmph. Pha finally got his Yo I see. Don't get it but if that's what he wants. And when are you going to settle down Kit?"

"I'm dating Mom."

"Dating isn't settled. Anyway. Ming, thank you so much for being there with Kit. I understand you pretty much saved his life."

"Actually not really. He has good instincts. I just hauled him out of the way and distracted her a bit. Kit was much more impressive. Working on her broken arm right there in the middle of the hallway. He was totally under control and in command."

"That's what I pay all that money for. Honey!" They heard kissing noises then, "Kit's on the phone."

"Humph. Finally called did he?"

Kit shook his head at the memory and sighed. He looked around and spotted Yo coming their way. For once he was laughing and Mon was blushing. Huh, what was that all about?

"Never seen Mon blush before," Beam commented in wonder. 

"I have but it was only because I took him by surprise. He's got a bit of innocence in him still. Don't underestimate him." Pha said as they stared at the duo. Mon spotted them first and seemed to look relieved.

"What's going on you two? Haven't seen you in a while Mon. We've been asking for you all week but E said you were down." Kit asked. He remembered Mon said something about a friends with benefits situation that was bringing him down.

"I've had a really tough week." Mon said and sighed.

"That guy you were talking about?" Beam and Kit asked just about the same time.

"Oh you remember that? Well I called it quits. I really couldn't deal but he's not so accepting. Been hounding me all week. I'm not feeling it at all."

"Is he a student? I have a bunch of safe campus pamphlets. You can check and see if his actions fall under a need for further investigation," Kit dug one out and handed it over.

"It's good that you gave him that P' since Mon might have a protector soon."

"Yo!" Mon went for Yo but he ducked behind Phana.

"They can sit and look that over together. Decide what actions to take." Yo continued.

"Humph. Yo sees this guy I've been checking and goes up to him and says, 'My friend likes you. Please take him out of his misery and date him'. Talk to him Phana. Your boy is getting a little too brave." Pha was looking Yo now but Yo only laughed.

"That guy was checking you out too. I only did you a favour. Besides he asked you out. Are you really not going to go for coffee with him?"

Mon blushed again and looked uncertain. "I'm not sure he really is interested in me."

"Then just go for the company. Right now you might just need a friendly face more than a boyfriend. You have plans this weekend?" Kit asked. They could work Mon into their thing this weekend. Ming wouldn't mind would he?