Chapter 16 - I have no regrets

#MingKit

Very Mature content ahead

Kit glanced at Ming as he drove them back to his apartment. He was strangely quiet for Ming. Sure he had talked at Pha's room, but not with his usual dramatic flare. It got to the point where Yo and Pha were sending him raised eyebrows and all he could do was nod to acknowledge their silent questions.  

Kit waited until they were inside the apartment to pat the bad and call Ming over.

"Spit it out already. Is this about Sunday dinner? Are you worried about it because Nix reminded you I'm not a girl?" Kit had thought about what could have set Ming off and this was his best conclusion.

Ming heaved a sigh. "Close P' but your still cold." He got up and paced. Kit watched and waited. Ming sometimes paced to gather his thoughts and Kit found it wasn't wise to interrupt him. 

"She did make me worried P' but it wasn't about the dinner. She did remind me that you were not a girl but not in the way that you mean. I suddenly thought about the future. I can see us together for a long time Kit. Me at Dad's company and you being a doctor. You remember why Yo and I became best friends right?"

"Because your dad's shop fixed Uncle's car when it broke down. You two played while they waited and Uncle invited you to keep coming back. It was just after Yo's mom died."

"Yeah. I was the first person to really reach Yo after it happened. My dad did such a good job that Uncle started using him exclusively. We because a subdivision and Dad is a share holder of Uncle's thought Dad is still in charge of the shops. I want to continue that high standard that Dad set and I can see you at my side. That's important to me. But when I saw her I remembered something. No matter how hard I love on you and how many tries we make. I can never give you kids. I know you love them P'. I saw you with your nieces and nephews that time I came over to your home."

"Listen Ming. I love you. I may not say it often but I do. You have no idea how much. That vision you have? That's my vision too. I can see it just as clearly because I get you. Sure I love the little brats but I also love sending them back home to their parents. If I ever get the urge to contribute to our huge world population, I'd rather adopt. There are so many kids out there who need a home and someone to say I love you and I believe in you and I trust you. Lets be those people later down the road ok."

"Are you sure P'? I mean I love the idea but you might want one of your..."

"Ming! Who will I make it with? There will be no one but you. I can't do it ok! I just can't trust someone to take care of any child of mine but us. That means we have one option. We get a little blank slate that I can mold into MingKit Jr. Point blank. Besides I know what it means to be adopted. I never told you about N'Peel. My brother adopted his ex-friend's kid. She tried to pin it on him but my brother had the test done and it wasn't his right. But here's the thing. He would see her everywhere and she would be smoking and drinking and the kid was still on the breast."

Ming nodded and sat next to Kit. 

"So he called a family meeting and asked us what we would do but he had already made a decision. He just wanted our support. Then he went to her and told her what was what. She asked for money so he made her sign an agreement for a one time payoff and he adopted the kid. Make her sign all the paperwork before she got the money. He said it was the dirtiest thing he ever did to save a tiny scrap of life but Peel is his own kid. They are almost exactly the same. I fell in love with that little scamp. I want something like that."

"Oh P'," Ming pulled Kit into his arms and rubbed his back. Kit finally realized he was crying a little. "Anyway I have a confession. You were my first Ming. I don't want anyone else in this relationship but us. Some surrogate is just going to get in my way because she will pull my attention from you."