Seizing Control and Making Plans

Pha received the voice messages from Forth but he might as well have waited since it took quite a while. Yo's voice made his breath catch in his throat and his heart squeeze tight. 

Had he felt this bad when that guy had touched his Yo?

He didn't think so because he had gotten to see Yo then and had held him and taken care of him. Yo was on his own. Not alone but without him. Did he feel the same pain and anxiety?

"Pha? Where are you?" Yo sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around and flinched harshly when Pha suddenly appeared like a menacing shadow.

"Yo? I just went to the bathroom." Pha reasured him.

"Oh God." He breathed out. "I got so scared there."

Pha moved to the bed and lay down, wrapped Yo in his arms.

"Talk to me?"

"I just. It's hard for me to wake up and you're not there. That's why sometimes I come and meet you. I have such a hard time. Like, I get it when we have to separate. You need to go home and check on things and I need to spend quality time with Daddy. That's a decision we make. But when I wake and you're not there, without me knowing where you are, I freak out a little. A lot actually."

"Oh baby. Me too." Pha pulled Yo close and kissed him...

Yo sat up with a start. The dream was so vivid. He could smell Pha. Feel his lips even. Oh God.

"Yo?" Mon stirred and opened his eyes. 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." He looked away and hastily wiped his tears.

"Dreaming about Pha? I had one about Rend right after I fell asleep. It woke me up. I was only just going back to sleep. You were really restless too."

"I'm sorry. I didn_"

"Stop. I didn't mean anything. I was just saying that because I thought you might be dreaming."

"Mon. Is it ok if I cry on you now?"

Montree opened his arms and Yo fell in them. Kit looked at Ming who smiled. He left that bed and joined the others. Kit might be prickly and abrasive to some but they didn't know about his soft, marshmallow center. He gave some of the best hugs and they were so warm and comforting. 

"You have Pha's bag right? And Rend's too?"

Yo sniffed and looked at Kit, nodded. Montree pointed to where they are.

"Sometimes, before we moved in together and I was having those dreams, I would sleep with one of Ming's shirts. It wasn't quite the same but it made me feel comfortable and safe enough to fall asleep especially when he wasn't with me. I didn't want him to know but what the heck. When I had to go home that time, I had snuck 2 of Ming's shirts in my bag for just in case."

A soft sound came from Ming in the other bed. He sat up and grinned at Kit. "Well guess what. I snuck two of my dress shirts in so they could pick up your home scent. So when I went out, I would smell like you."

"So that's what they were doing my my bag." Kit shook his head at Ming. "I knew I hadn't taken them so I just assumed they got mixed up in mine from when you slept over."

"Hey Ming? Can you go sleep with Sing? Ask Beam and Nate if they want to come over?" Yo said. Ming nodded and went off. they weren't locked into their rooms. They weren't locked out of other places. They just couldn't find an exit.

"What's up?" Beam asked as soon as he walked in. Yo saw he was wearing an ancient SOTUS t-shirt all the freshers wore during induction. 

"You're wearing one of Forth's shirts."