The Master-Mind of Kit

Important short note at the bottom of the chapter. Please read...

Ming finished off his statement and sent it off to Yo and Mon. The two had mentioned something about a Skype call and Ming had tuned them out. 

Yo received the statement and Skyped Mon. The Angel Leader was ready and waiting.

"I'm surprised you answered. I figured you and Rend would be out today."

"I still can't believe he lives just about a half hour away from me. His house is huge. The only thing is no out about his family for you. If your worried and don't want to ask him."

"Not yet. Maybe if he acts too secretive."

"Did the purple thing I gave you fit by the way?"

"Oh my God, Yo! Where did you get that thing from! It fits perfectly but I think I will save it for a special day. Like our anniversary or maybe the day he asks me to officially be his boyfriend. We're dating but he hasn't asked so I don't know if I should assume."

"What does his Facebook status say? See if he changed it from single." Yo and Mon had shamelessly stalked P'Rend's feed. It was mostly Mon to be honest but Yo had gotten into it when he went to Pha's feed and started to compare. They knew one thing for sure. Many women and some men wanted these boys more than they wanted air to breath.

"I'm in deep shit aren't I?" Mon had said quietly to Yo that night. Yo could hear a little bit of fear and a lot of insecurity.

"Just... People will hate you and pick on you so you can't show them any weakness or they will exploit it and pry at you until you bleed. I've learned that Pha can't save me from everything even though he would love to. I have to learn to save myself and hold my own or I might as well give him up."

Now Yo could see Mon checking again. "It still says single."

"Oh."

"Don't worry," Mon said even thought he looked very disappointed. "It's fine. We're taking our time right? Ok, lets touch this up for Ming."

                                                                                              ***

"Ok. I think I can say we are locked and loaded on my front... Pretty sure."

"Thanks Beam. Even if we're not, we should be almost perfect with what you're done so far."

"Yeah well it's the almost part that worries me. I don't want them to pry into you guys too. My group is a double edged sword. They don't just gnaw at one bone, they like to pick at the entire carcass."

"But we knew that already Beam. It's ok. We'll just have to deal. Use the chance to promote our family business and don't tell a lie they can prove is wrong. Impossible, I know, but we just have to try."

"You are so lucky I love you Kit. By the way. Forth is on his way. Prepare for him."

Kit called his mom and warned her in advance. He then forced himself to look like he was really frustrated and annoyed having to help at the bakery. He spent a lot of time texting too and barely did much of anything. The rest oft the staff circled around him and avoided him like he asked them too and as soon as 3 pm hit, he was out of there. 

The bakery wasn't far from the house and Kit often walked home. This time a bike pulled up along side him and he greeted the person with a huge hug. Forth gave him a helmet and they rode the short distance to the house. 

Kit and Forth were talking and laughing in the driveway when his father came raging out of the house with some sort of paperwork. He froze at seeing Forth who wai immediately. He took in the bike and the leather jacket and ripped jeans and sneered at Forth.