More Fun and Games...

Mr. Intochar called the young lady when she didn't get back to him from the day before. He explained that he had been unable to reach Yo but understood that Yo and his friends, including Ming and Kit, were out on a group trip. Was she still available to see him and his wife?

She said they could come by that very day.

Mr. Intochar and his wife got organized. They past by the bakery to give instructions, greet some special guests, then left. They arrived at a grand estate and were shown into a room to wait. A young female nurse came in and greeted them before leading them to what in commonly called the Mother-in-Law room. 

It was an easy access room on the downstairs of the house that didn't require climbing or effort to get in and out of. Any elderly family member could stay there and still be free to move about without worry. 

She looked like she was on death's door. She was on drips, under her eyes were dark and her hair looked lackluster. 

"We're so sorry to bother you," Mr. I started but Mrs. I got up close and personal. She brushed back her hair and took her hand like a mother would and made soothing noises. 

"Are these people taking good care of you? Such a sweet young lady. This damn Ming!"

"Now honey..." Mr. I started but Tiff held up a hand weakly.

"It's ok. My parents are taking good care of me and making sure I have everything I need. I just... I disappointed them, that's all. Even though I was on the pill, I should have made sure he did the right thing."

"I tell you this as a woman and not as a wife. You have to think about the future and what's best for you because men are dogs. Never devote yourself to just one man at this age. It is only going to be doom."

"I wish I had met you a year ago. You are such a wonderful person. Ming, he came from a great family. I trusted his background."

"Yes, well background isn't everything as our own son seems to be showing his true colours. I never approved of Ming but Kit seemed to be happy so I agreed to him for Kit. Look what that got me. He gave me his word, he was safe with my son!"

"But Kit seems to also have wanted this. I don't understand it." Mrs. I sighed and patted Tiff's hand.

"We actually came to ask you about the cameras and the private investigator. Our son went and did some research. They are not the usual cameras used by these people."

"No. I actually did all this on my own so I hired someone new and cheap. His name is Abi. I told the nurse to call him over so he can speak with you. He should be here soon. I'm actually one of his first major clients and he hasn't been able to upgrade he equipment as yet." 

She paused and seemed to take a few steady breaths. "Abi, he was all I could afford without involving my parents. He does have his licence. He's just not fully established." Suddenly she looked confused and seemed to sink even more into the bed.

"Sorry. Did I say that already?"

"Your fine dear. Do you need me to get the nurse?"

At the same time, the door opened and two nurses and a very questionable looking young man walked in.

"Can you excuse us for a bit? Tiff needs to take her medication. This is Mr. Abi. I believe you wanted to meet him. Tiff usually sleeps after this so..."

"Don't worry. We'll let ourselves out or call if we need help."

They said goodbye to Tiff and greeted Abi. He smiled pleasantly and apologized for being so scruffy because he had just come from a stake out and hadn't had much time to do more than bath and throw on some cloths.