What The Morning Brings

Mon's eyes could barely open as he wondered into the breakfast room the next morning. He wondered where Rend went and was utterly disgusted to realize he had already eaten and was off with Beam somewhere. It didn't surprise Mon at all that they were morning people but he was not. 

"Well hello there. Not quite awake I see." Dr. Kush said with a big smile.

"Oh hello. No, I'm never fully awake before 10am and I can't promise to be able to function before noon."

She laughed and shook her head. "I'm a morning person surrounded by morning people. You poor thing. Though I have to admit that I slept in today. Last night was a little too intense for me. I had trouble sleeping."

Pha staggered into the kitchen then and Mon was relieved. He didn't know this woman so didn't want to have long conversations with her. "It was intense. It seems our Phana is also not a morning person. Hungry?"

"Yea." Pha grumbled out. "Have you seen Yo?" And single minded in his focus. He didn't even greet the guest.

"I just got here." Pha blinked and sat next to the good doctor. She shook her head at him and sighed.

"Your as bad as your father. He's like an owl in the morning. Wide eyed and confused." Pha smiled a bit but Mon could tell he wasn't quite there yet.

"Here. I took these from the side table. Help yourself." Pha looked down then reached out and took what he wanted. He looked much more alert after the first helping and much more himself after the second helping. 

"Sorry. I should have said good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Good morning to you too. Yes I did and might I add again that you are very much your father. My goodness. He acts the same way. Are you like this during the school year too? It must be hard on you." She gave Pha her sole focus and Mon ate quickly.

"Actually I'm quite alert for classes. It's only when I know I have nothing to do that I have difficulty waking. And thank you. We don't get to spend much time together so I really appreciate what you can share about Dad." Mon watched them then wondered off so they could share with each other in private. He had never known who his father was and he was his mother's only child. She suffered from bipolar disorder and often self-medicated when she thought the doctor was trying to kill her. On her good days, she was not useful either. 

Mon had told Rend everything from the start. He had just found it so easy to talk to the guy that it all slipped out. Even his gang wasn't fully aware of everything though Yo knew. He felt safe telling Yo because Yo never judged. He was very sensitive to the feelings of others.  

"Hey," Kit called from the top of the stairs. "Where is everyone? Weren't we supposed to meet up this morning?"

"Oh yeah. Don't know. Lets just wait and see what happens." Mon, Kit and Phana seemed to be the only ones around. They lounged by the pool and relaxed until everyone showed up later that day. They all came dressed to lounge and walked a little funny.

"What's up? What happened?"

"Got implants today. Tracking devices on our thighs."

"Oh, ok." Phana and Kit said casually while Mon sat up and stared at them.

"Seriously? Are we really going that far?"

"Yep. You know you have one already right? It's been placed near your wound. Mr. P. had it done then because it was convenient. Now if you need help someone can easily tell me where you are and I'll come get you."

"Oh my God. You really are serious." Mon breathed out and looked at his arm. He didn't know if he should be relieved or pissed. In the end he went for relieved because he would rather be alive and able to have sex with Rend than dead. Priorities.