The Story of Mica (Amended)

See note at the end of Chapter

Mica had only been 14 when her brother has married Sistine Chenglalong. She had come with a lot of money from her deceased husband's estate. He had left it all to her and not to his own family. They later found out that his family never supported him but Sissy noticed his instability and loved him despite it all.

They had a daughter and that daughter also suffered as he did but she kept the secret from everyone. At 10 years old, Terra, took her own life due to severe bullying at school and her own introverted nature and inability to cope. The worst part was, she was bullied by her own family. Her cousins had everyone believing she was crazy, that her father was also crazy and that their parents would soon have hers out on the streets.

A year after her tragic death, her father also passed away in the night. It was suggested that he had been ill before she died and her death brought him down. This was not wrong. The family could not prove that he was not of sound mind when he made the will and so could not challenge her right to have his vast estate. 

Sistine had learned the ins and outs of money from her husband. He was very wise with investments and taught her all he knew. She made a decision and two years later, married a man with a fledgling pharmaceutical company and laboratory she would help make a household name. Though Sissy and Gil imploded eventually, they tried their best to be civil for the family and close friends. 

They claimed their marriage was a hasty decision as they had both been suffering from lost love. Don't be mistaken, Gil and Sissy had become great friends and cursed as easily as they hugged but they were not and had never been in love. They were each others means to an end.

Mica on the other hand, loved Sissy. Loved her obsessively. She did everything she could to make Sissy happy. She even had a son so Sissy wouldn't have to worry but no one had listened when she tried to explain and the boy had been taken and hidden away. She just couldn't figure out where. After she had gone through the effort and lored Sissy's first cousin into her bed just so she could have a child that connected both of them, she had lost him thanks to her stupid parents. She needed to find the clues. She knew Sissy had them. She was always playing so hard to get but Mica knew. 

Their love was as pure as newly fallen snow.

                                                                                       ***

Sissy was awaken at 4 by a loud alarm clock then a phone call from a ring tone, equally as alarming. She answered and yelled at the person on the other end that she was awake.

"I can tell."

"Oh. Hi Gil. What did you want?"

"Put your glasses on and read the emails I sent you, charm some old men at the meeting, then go back to seep. I should be back by the day after. This place is cold as fuck and annoying as hell."

"Fine." She slipped her glasses on and felt herself wake up.

"She was everywhere by the way. She looked into everything."

"She's not going to find anything."

"I know but still. I'm worried for your safety."

"She's not going to hurt me. How can she have the perfect family if I die? He's quite grown. He's smart too. His grades were top of the line and he has good connections too. He's friends with that man's son. He's also dating that Suridijad boy."

"He has that inclination?"

"Well look who his mother is."

"No, I meant the other boy. What's his name must be shitting bricks."