Chapter Eleven

Things I own: my sanity, not enough time to write and incredible friends and family!!

Things I don't: Twilight, Edward and Bella (Damn. It.)

Chapter Eleven

EPOV

"I'm also very glad that you're not going back to Forks next weekend." I walked to the sink, breathing deeply. It's Bella. She'll say yes. Right?

"Why?" Bella asked.

"Well, my firm is having a benefit. A black-tie affair and I was told by my other boss, Marcus that all associates needed to be in attendance. I was praying that I didn't have to go, but Marcus, who's the man in charge of the benefit noticed my name wasn't on the guest list. He pretty much demanded that I come. With a date."

"Who are you taking? Please, don't say Tanya," Bella deadpanned.

"Not Tanya," I mumbled, turning to face her. Blushing furiously, I twisted my watch around my wrist. "You?"

BPOV

"Say what?" I squeaked.

"Bella, I have to go to this thing. I hate going in the first place, but it's required. I'd rather go with you than with some random set up. We'll have fun. Free top-shelf liquor, rubber chicken and dancing," he pleaded.

"Not selling me. You mentioned dancing," I grumbled. "I can't dance. Plus, I do not have the money to buy a fancy dress,Edward."

"If you want, I'll buy you your dress. Consider it a Christmas present," he wheedled. "It's like prom only with booze."

"Edward, I spent my prom in the back seat of Tyler Crowley's van, getting high and fucking him into oblivion," I said, arching a brow. "Again, not selling me on this benefit."

"Bells, I don't ask for much. Please, please, go with me," he begged, falling to his knees, walking towards me. His hands were clasped in front of his chin. "Please, Bella?" He jutted out his bottom lip, looking downright pitiful. "Please?"

"Oh, get up, Cullen," I said, helping him to his feet. "I'll go. The thought of you on your knees is somewhat sickening. You must be desperate."

"Kind of," he snorted.

"Let me look for a dress. I have some money saved or perhaps Alice may have something that I can borrow," I shrugged.

"Thank you!" he bellowed, pulling me into a tight hug. "You have no idea what this means to me."

"I expect a kick-ass Christmas present, Cullen. I'm going to wear heels for you," I snickered, pinching his side.

"If it's any consolation, I've got to wear a penguin suit," he said.

"Not nearly as uncomfortable as a dress and heels, Edward," I giggled. "It's a good thing that I love you so much, you jackass." He laughed, kissing my cheek before turning to do the rest of the dishes. I made quick work of packaging the gravy, making nearly seven meals for the two of us. Once we finished cleaning up the kitchen, Edward sat down on the couch, watching Law an Order while I graded some homework my history students turned into me. I couldn't focus on my assignments and ended up watching two episodes before going to shower.

I was pulling out my clothes for the next morning when Edward knocked on my door. "Come in," I called. He slipped inside, plopping down on my bed. He looked guilty. "What did you do?"

"Nothing! Really," he said. "I forgot to mention this to you when I asked about the benefit."

"I'm wearing a fancy dress and heels. What more could you need?" I laughed, looking at him.

"Well, to kind of get my boss and this really slutty receptionist off my back, I, um, well..." he blubbered.

"Spit it out, Cullen," I demanded.

"I kind of said you were my girlfriend. I showed Eleazar the picture from Halloween and he thinks were a 'gorgeous couple,'" he said, using the cheesy air quotes. "So, um, yeah."

I narrowed my eyes at my best friend. He was soooooooooo in the doghouse. "Your girlfriend?!"

"Come on, Bells! It's not like I'm asking you to be the mother of my children. I'm only asking you to hold my hand, dance with me and if it's necessary, share a kiss or two. It's not like we don't do that normally."

"Edward, we don't kiss. Awkward. It's going to be awkward," I snapped.

"Bella, I only said if it's necessary," he growled back. "After the benefit, we can 'break up.' Please, Bells!"

"No tongue, Edward," I said, sitting next to him. "It's borderline incestuous, this fake relationship you're concocting."

"Well, if my mom had her way, we'd be married by now," Edward snickered. "She and Alice are determined to get us together."

"They can keep dreaming," I said, shoving him lightly. He chuckled and hugged me to his side. "The things I do for you, Edward. Watch, when you do get married, you won't be able to have kids with your wife and I'll be forced to be your surrogate."

"And on that note," he chuckled. "I'm going to bed and I'll see you tomorrow night. Perhaps I'll bring home some takeout from your favorite Thai place. It's the least I can do since you are my fake girlfriend and all."

"Don't think that I'm going to give you a blowjob in appreciation, Edward Anthony," I said dryly.

"Say goodnight, Bells," he laughed, getting up from my bed.

"Goodnight, Bells," I said, giving him a wave.

A/N: Next up, we're going to meet a new character...JASPER! Also, what color dress should Bella's gown be for the benefit? Blue? Green? Red? Black? Silver? Leave me some!