Chapter One Hundred Thirty-Nine

Things I own: my sanity (though, that's debatable at times), not enough time to write and incredible friends and family!!

Things I don't: Twilight, Edward and Bella (Damn. It.)

Chapter 139

EPOV

After our little make out session behind the Ferris wheel, we went to get something to eat. We picked up all things unhealthy and fattening. Bella had a foot long hot dog, covered in cheesy sauce. I decided to go for pulled pork. After our meals, we split a huge funnel cake doused in vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and a cherry.

We wandered around the festival, playing games and just acting like big kids. I won Bella a stuffed animal at the bottle toss. It took me five times, but I eventually got her the ugliest purple dragon. She adored it, hugging it to her body when the guy handed it to her. We walked, hand in hand until we got to one of the many musical stages at the festival. The group was playing several covers of oldies. The crowd was in their fifties and sixties, enjoying memories of their youth. Familiar chords and a slower tempo filled the tent. The group had rearranged Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl' so it was more of a ballad.

Talk about an amazing opportunity...

"Dance with me," I cooed. Bella blushed but eagerly fell into my arms. We swayed to the slower version of 'Brown Eyed Girl.' I even sang quietly in Bella's ear every time the singer mentioned the brown eyed girl. I held her in my arms, loving every second of it, just like I loved her. Bella laid her head on my shoulder, smiling sweetly as we danced. Nestled between us was that silly dragon. I held both of them close, relishing the moment.

We spent another few hours at the festival. Bella did get me on the Zipper. I almost puked on her again. I was not designed for fast, loud and obnoxious rides. I hated roller coasters as a kid and it obviously didn't translate to adulthood. Call me a pussy or whatever, but I would rather get my blood pumping in other ways. Like a good day in the courtroom. Winning a trial. Hours ofamazing sex. Oooh, I like that...Yep, hours of amazing sex. We left after that and didn't have hours of amazing sex.

Paul, you're fucking with my sex life and bonding time with my girl...I hate you and I hope your dick turns gangrenous and falls off, you douchetard.

No bitterness. None. Not at all...

The rest of the weekend was spent just relaxing. Monday came too quickly and we both had to go to work. After lunch, as Iwas typing some emails, my cell phone rang. I recognized the number as the free clinic I went to get tested. Fucking Paul."Hello?"

"Is this Edward?" asked the man on the phone.

"Speaking," I sighed.

"We have your test results from the STD screening you had completed on Friday. Everything is clear and you're good to go, sir," he said curtly.

"Thank you. Do I need to come in for any follow ups?" I asked.

"Nope. Have a good day," he replied, hanging up the phone. Leaning back in my chair, I scrubbed my face. I was so grateful that I was in the clear. I had a pretty good feeling that everything was alright, but the fact that I had to be tested because of Paul who could have hurt Bella made me sick.

Just as I was getting ready to leave, I got a phone call from the detective from the Martin case. Paul was brought in for questioning, originally being all cooperative and friendly. When Giselle was brought up, he immediately asked for an attorney. He knew she was underage and now he was trying cover his ass. She explained that the State's Attorney is working on drafting a subpoena to compel him to produce his DNA to compare it to Ethan. I thanked her and called the Martins. They were happy that Paul was found and brought in, but upset that he asked for an attorney. That doesn't normally indicate guilt but in his case, it was a clear clue that he knew what he was doing with Giselle was wrong.

I felt for the Martins. I felt for all of my clients, which were now out of school. I was grateful for the semester to be over. That way these women wouldn't have to deal with possible retaliation from their classmates or the university itself. All of the paperwork had been delivered and acknowledged. The attorney for the university filed paperwork, trying to get the case thrown out. That was scheduled for the end of the week but based off the information and evidence I had, the case would not be thrown out. I also noticed that the attorney from the university was not representing Paul. I was curious if he had been fired. Only time will tell.

Back at home, Bella was working grading some final papers and editing her final exam for world history. She seemed happy. I grabbed a water bottle, sitting on the counter. She saved her work, turning to face me. "I got good news today."

"What's that? You won the lottery?" I chuckled.

"Pssh, I wish," she deadpanned. "My doctor's office called me and said that I'm all good with the girlie bit department. There was no indication that I had any STDs or that I'm a carrier. I'm so grateful that...that I'm okay. I still want to chop off his balls, but I'm in the clear."

"So am I," I smirked.

"Really?"

"Yep," I said. Bella hopped up, walking to the fridge. I arched a brow, confused. She pulled out a can of whipped cream. "Bells?"

"I've been jonesing for an Edward sundae since that funnel cake," she purred. "You game?"

"Only if I get to taste some of your sweet cream for dessert, pretty girl," I growled, throwing her over my shoulder.

A/N: Up next will be Edward's lunch with Angela. What will she have to say?