Chapter Ninety-Six

Things I own: my sanity (though, that's debatable at times), not enough time to write and incredible friends and family!!

Things I don't: Twilight, Edward and Bella (Damn. It.)

Chapter Ninety-Six

EPOV

"Come on, Bells. I need to get out. We need to have a date," I said, kissing her lips softly, getting ready to remove her from the counter.

"But, dinner," she frowned, gesturing to the chicken dish she'd made. "And it's nine at night. Yes, I'm bitching that it's too late to go out. My first week back at school after a break is usually brutal. Tomorrow? We can play tomorrow."

"I'm amenable to that. I've got a desperate need to shower," I shuddered. Bella gave me a smirk, eyeing my body. "Do you want to join me, Miss Swan?"

"Only if I can erase Rosalie's attempt at seducing you. That bitch touched what was mine," she snarled, grabbing my belt and dragging me between her legs.

"Feeling possessive, pretty girl?" I asked, cupping her face.

"Damn right I am. Where does she get off? She thinks that fucking a lawyer will make her horrific decisions to fuck with your family and other people is going to make them go away?" she snapped, staring into my eyes. "I don't think so. Especially with the lawyer she wants to fuck is in a relationship with me."

"And I'm not fucking anybody but you," I said, smiling seductively.

"Not yet, anyway," she purred, kissing my lips, claiming me in our kitchen. "But, I can suck your cock to remind you that we're together."

"Damn," I moaned, dropping my forehead to her shoulder. She giggled, threading her fingers in my hair.

Bella did drag me up the stairs and proceeded to clean me thoroughly in our shared shower. With a smirk, she also gave me a blow job to end all blow jobs. I nearly collapsed in ecstasy, gathering my sexy girl into my arms and kissing her feverishly. I wanted to return the favor, but Bella pressed her lips to mine. "It was all about you, counselor. You needed to know that I was here for you and that I'm not going anywhere," she replied sweetly.

I think I fell deeper in love with her at the moment.

Yeah, she sucked you off and you are ready to declare your undying love. Real romantic, genius.

After we ate a very late dinner, Bella and I were curled up in my bed, which had become our bed since we returned from Phoenix. Bella had her head on my belly while she read. I was idly watching some television while playing with her hair. "So, where are you taking me on our date, Cullen?" she asked, looking over at me.

"I was thinking Navy Pier," I said, smiling at her. "And then, Lincoln Park Zoo. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow."

"Phoenix nice?" she snorted.

"Not quite. Mid sixties," I chuckled. "It's better than sub-zero."

"This is true," she said, rolling onto her stomach, still staring at me. "Did you know that one of your eyes has a golden splash in it? It's pretty."

"I've had that all my life. And thank you," I blushed, looking at her affectionately. "Though out of the two of us, you're the beautiful one."

Bella's response was to burying her face into my stomach. She shook her head, peering back at me shyly. Bella had always been beautiful in my eyes. Yes, she went through an awkward phase. We all do. But, she was gorgeous. I knew that her previous suitors...

Suitors? Are you ancient, Cullen?

Shut it.

Anyway, her previous boyfriends never complimented her when she looked nice. In fact, when she went to a wedding with Paul, she bought this fun dress that accented every curve and made her look amazing. Did Paul once tell her that she was beautiful? No. He criticized her for buying a dress that was going to clash with the bridesmaid's dresses and that her ass looked big. He didn't see the twinkle in her eye disappear, but I did. When he left the house, I hugged my best friend and told her she was gorgeous. She cried for a moment, kissing me on the cheek. With a sad little grin, she left the apartment to go the wedding with Paul.

I knew that Bella didn't think she was beautiful. She was never told, at least by her boyfriends. I wanted to change that, but she struggled with believing me.

"Edward, thank you," she murmured as she cuddled to my side. "I'm not used to hearing that. You know?"

"I do, pretty girl," I whispered, kissing her forehead. "And I'll keep telling you that you are. Nothing will stop me." She blushed again, kissing my lips.

A/N: Up next will be their date. And a blast from the past. But who?