Chapter 11: A Big (Hairy) Problem

Vegeta flew back down, grinning. Goku and Yamcha noticed his return and took their fighting stances, although Yamcha was still recovering. Goku quickly handed him half of the Senzu Bean, and Yamcha sighed, grabbing it and munching it. He felt re-energized, but his injuries still hadn't healed- well, most of them, anyway. Vegeta's grin widened. "Welcome, Kakarot! You're just in time..." Vegeta held out his right hand, and a white energy ball suddenly generated above it, "...for the main event!" Vegeta hurled the ball into the air, and Yamcha's eyes widened. "No, no, that's not good!" He and Goku lunged forward, but Vegeta had already clenched his fist. "Burst open and mix!" The ball became larger, and suddenly Vegeta began to grow. He also began to change. And a few minutes later, Yamcha and Goku weren't facing a Saiyan anymore- they were facing a Great Ape. Goku's eyes became wider than a giant octopus's. "A-a Great Ape! A monster!" Vegeta laughed. "Ha ha ha! Now you see! This is the end for you!" 

"I... I get it." Goku said with wide eyes. "The monster... that killed Grandpa! And the one that destroyed the arena during the 21st World Tournament! That was... that was all me!" He and Yamcha jumped out of the way as Vegeta tried to crush them. Goku kept thinking aloud: "Grandpa... I'm sorry. I don't know if I can ever get your forgiveness, but for your sake, I'll defeat this guy!"

Gohan's eyes became small. "That guy... his power's humongous!" Piccolo grimaced. "He's become ten times stronger than before. Even Goku and Yamcha together can't hurt him much, if at all." Chiaotzu tightened his fists. "Let's see how that freak handles all of us, then!" The others nodded, and off they went, faster than ever.

Yamcha and Goku were barely managing to evade Vegeta, who had still kept almost all of his old agility. Yamcha suddenly got an idea, and he shouted to Goku. "Goku! Let's try the Spirit Bomb! You go gather energy!" "What about you?" Yamcha's expression turned grim. "I'll keep him busy." 

At first, Goku's expression was one of surprise, but it quickly changed to grim acceptance. "OK. Be careful, Yamcha!" Goku flew off. Vegeta turned towards him. "Leaving so soon, Kakarot? We're just getting started!" He was about to pursue Goku when Yamcha appeared in his way. 

"I'm the one you're fighting here!" "Don't order around someone stronger than you, weakling!" Yamcha quickly dodged a few swipes from Vegeta when suddenly the now-enormous Saiyan managed to land a blow, sending Yamcha into a pillar. Vegeta quickly grabbed Yamcha with both hands and began to squeeze, and Yamcha screamed in pain. It was like having an anaconda wrapping around him, give or take a few hundred tons. He was also fairly sure that he heard more than a few things crack. Vegeta grinned. "Yes, that's what I want to hear! Scream! Only now do you realize that I am the superior warrior!"

Vegeta eventually became bored and was about to kill Yamcha when suddenly a voice shouted "Destructo Disc!" Vegeta turned in surprise and dropped Yamcha, who probably would've been killed in his current condition, but luckily Tien managed to catch him. Wait, Tien?! Yamcha looked over to see that the cavalry had come: Krillin, Gohan, Chiaotzu, and Piccolo were all flying in and attacking. Tien set Yamcha against a wall and smiled. "Rest up, buddy. You've done enough. Where's Goku?" Yamcha tried to talk, but he felt like his ribs were being crushed all over again. But he managed to wheeze out the words. "Gathering... energy for... the Spirit Bomb. But he needs time." Tien nodded. "He'll get it." "T-Tien, this guy is beyond anything you've ever fought before! You could die!" Yamcha exclaimed. Tien closed his eyes. "If it comes to me or the entire planet, I'd die a million times over to save my home." Then, the three-eyed fighter flew off to join the others in the battle against Vegeta.