Chapter 26: A Crushing Defeat

Yamcha hit 18 across the face and sent her flying, then appeared in her path and kicked the android into a cliff. Yamcha landed on the ground and braced himself. 18 came rushing out of the dust and threw a punch, but Yamcha quickly jumped away- and got blasted in the chest. He stood up. "Kaio-ken times 20!" The aura intensified, and he charged again. 18 dodged the first few strikes, but Yamcha had been counting on that, and he punched her in the ribs. 18 managed to shrug it off and retaliated by sweeping Yamcha's legs out from under him, then attempting to grab him. Yamcha rolled away, then kicked her in the jaw. As 18 reeled back, Yamcha jumped to his feet and grabbed her by the arm. Then, he threw her into the cliff. But he didn't stop there- Yamcha began to fire blast after blast. At first, he fired slowly,  but began to shoot faster and faster, shouting more and more intensely. Finally, he held both hands over his head and charged up an energy wave. Then, once the orb above his hands was practically sparking from power, he threw his hands forward and fired.

There was a huge yellow explosion, and Yamcha stood with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. Suddenly, 18 emerged from the smoke without so much as a few small scratches. But she didn't look angry- in fact, she looked curious. "Is Goku any stronger than you?" Yamcha grimaced. "You're not getting past me, but yeah. Yeah, he is." 18 nodded. "That's good... because you're not very strong at all." Yamcha stepped back in surprise. "What?!" 18 charged, stopping in front of Yamcha and then kicking him in the stomach. Yamcha doubled over, stumbling backward. "Ugh!" His eyes went small as the full pain registered in his body. Yamcha stared at the ground in shock, but he heard Tien speak. "Hold on, Yamcha!" Yamcha tried to shake his head, but it was too late. 

Piccolo and Tien charged, but 18 easily knocked them out. Suddenly, Yamcha heard Vegeta scream in pain, and Trunks turned into a Super Saiyan and charged. But he met the same result- 17 knocked him out by throwing Vegeta into him. Vegeta and Trunks both rolled on the ground, and Vegeta passed out, clutching his now-broken right arm. Yamcha clenched his teeth, standing up. "C'mon..." he muttered, "Come on!" 18 turned in surprise, and Yamcha looked up slowly. "I'm still breathing, blondie!" 18 smiled a little. "It'd be boring if you weren't. But I like a man who can play rough." Yamcha shook off his slight blushing when suddenly 18 took a step forward, then vanished. 

Yamcha managed to catch a kick aimed at his face, then tried to retaliate by throwing 18 into the nearby cliff again, but 18 just bounced off the wall and back towards Yamcha, who raised his arms to block. 18's punch still sent him flying backwards. Suddenly, she appeared to the side and Yamcha barely managed to guard against her knee. He was still sent flying back into the cliff. As Yamcha climbed out of the rubble surrounding him, he resisted the urge to betray a sour chuckle. Heh. There's irony at its finest. I tried to throw 18 into the cliff and I ended up slamming into it instead. He got to his feet as 18 appeared in a few feet in front of him. Yamcha stood up and dusted himself off. "Whew! Man, you androids sure are tough. I gotta admit, I wasn't expecting you to be this strong." 18 rolled her eyes a little. "I'm flattered." she remarked sarcastically. All of a sudden, she vanished.

"Where-" Yamcha began, but he was interrupted by 18 appearing in front of him and touching his chin. "Boo." Yamcha blinked in surprise, then tried to kick her in the abdomen, but 18 easily caught it. She smirked. "That's no way to treat a girl on the first date, now, is it?" "D-date?!" Yamcha repeated. He was fairly sure that his face was red, but he was currently too confused and frustrated to notice. 18 just laughed for a second. "It's funny when you look confused like that." Yamcha took a step back, then tried to attack 18, but she easily stopped his punch. Yamcha heard a humming noise, then looked down at his hip. In 18's other hand, there was an energy blast. Yamcha's eyes widened. "You've gotta be-" 18 pushed the blast into his hip and sent Yamcha flying. 

Yamcha hit the floor and began to roll, holding his steaming torso with one hand, the other one reaching out in front of him in no apparent direction, towards no apparent thing. His eyes were squeezed shut from the pain. He finally stopped against something and looked up with sore eyes. 18 was standing over him, looking down at him- Yamcha had stopped because she had halted him with her foot. "You're not running away that easily." Yamcha managed to speak, even though 18's attack had hurt him much more than he expected it to. "Who's... running?" 18 smirked, then kicked Yamcha, who groaned in pain. She kicked him again, which caused him to yell in agony, and her smirk widened a little as she stepped over him and faced away from him, her arms folded. 

"Stay down, tough guy, or I'll be forced to hurt you more." Yamcha waited until she walked away a safe distance, and he stood up, ignoring the stress on his body. "Hold it... I'm not... done!" 18 turned around, looking mildly annoyed. "Don't say I didn't warn you." Suddenly, 17 appeared next to her, and they took fighting stances. "Let's do it, 17!" "Fine, fine." 17 replied. Yamcha's eyes widened. "Oh, come on-" The twins both charged, pummeling Yamcha repeatedly, until finally 17 appeared behind Yamcha and the androids kicked him into the air. Then, they vanished again as Yamcha went tumbling through the air. They appeared under his falling path on either side of him, with 18 upside down. The twins charged up energy blasts, and 18 smiled. "This is over. Bye." As Yamcha fell, the androids fired their energy blasts, hitting him dead-on and exploding. Yamcha fell to the ground, his clothes torn and steaming and his eyes blurry. He managed to look up, despite all odds. 18 noticed that Yamcha was still awake and winked. "See you." The last thing Yamcha saw was the androids all preparing to head off to find Goku. The last thing he heard was Krillin shouting "Wait!" 

Then, Yamcha's vision tunneled, and all he saw was black.