Chapter 73: A High-Stakes, High-Speed Battle

(A Couple Of Minutes After The Events Of Chapter 72)

Botamo had been eliminated, and Universe 10 had been erased due to all of its warriors having been eliminated. Yamcha stared at the spot where Universe 10's gods and warriors had once been at. Goku looked upset, too. "Poor Gowasu..." he muttered. Yamcha raised an eyebrow at his friend. "You knew Universe 10's Supreme Kai?" "Yeah, he tried his best to help us out during that whole thing with Trunks coming back to get our help in order to fight Zamasu and Black." Goku explained. Yamcha nodded, staring at the stage upon which his feet were placed. Eventually he looked up at Goku, then noticed that the Saiyan was studying something. He followed Goku's gaze to see Hit, the legendary assassin from Universe 6, facing off with two more Pride Troopers- a super-fast one that kind of resembled Beerus (named Dyspo) and another blue-skinned one with dark purple spots on his head, a short, roundly-built body and pointy ears, along with the ability to create threads of energy that could ensnare an opponent (named Kunshi). Yamcha watched as the fast one, Dyspo, rushed forward to knock Hit off the stage. He turned towards Goku and started to ask "Hey, Goku, do you think we should-" but Goku was gone. 

"Goku? Hey, where did you-" Suddenly, Yamcha looked back over at the battle to see a pillar of red, yellow, and orange rocket down in between the two and burst upwards once it hit the ground. Dyspo's fist was caught by a glowing shape resembling a fist. "What?! What the-?!" Dyspo shouted. "Huh?" Hit exclaimed, looking just as surprised. Yamcha squinted, trying to see through the pillar-like aura. Hey, hold on: that's an aura? Yamcha scanned his memories and remembered the battle between Goku and Beerus that would determine the fate of Earth. Goku had taken on a form with an aura practically identical to the aura that was flaring up in front of Yamcha's very eyes. A small smile spread across Yamcha's face. He knew what was going on. The aura then became less brilliant, revealing the source of its light. 

Goku stood confidently, holding a shocked Dyspo's fist with a smirk on his face. His hair was a crimson red color, and so were his eyes. He looked like he had dropped a few pounds, and his energy couldn't be sensed- he had brought his energy up to the realm of the gods, like with Super Saiyan Blue. "Y-you?!" Dyspo exclaimed. "Son Goku... You..." Hit said, appearing to be shocked. Goku kicked Dyspo in the chest, but Kunshi caught his teammate. "I don't need your help." Hit insisted. "I'm not helping you." Goku declared, glancing at the assassin. "What?" Hit asked, confused. Goku looked towards the two Pride Troopers again. "Seeing them gang up on you like that... I get an urge to jump in." His smile transformed into a grin. "Let's do this!" 

"T-that form..." Supreme Kai stammered. "It's Super Saiyan God." Beerus said. "It's faster than a regular Super Saiyan, but takes up less stamina than Blue." Whis explained. "Goku saved Hit's hide." Beerus noted, and he looked over at Champa. "Champa! Show some gratitude!" "I don't need favors pushed on me!" Champa retorted, but when he looked away, he quickly sighed in relief. "The paired universes have joined forces." Belmod, the God Of Destruction for Universe 11, said. "Let's consider it as a chance to take out both of their aces at once." the Supreme Kai for Universe 11, Khai, suggested. "Listen, Son Goku." Hit said, looking at Dyspo. "That one's my prey. Don't interfere." "Try to stop me." Goku retaliated, and he charged. Dyspo blasted forward to meet him. Goku threw a punch, but Dyspo dodged and kicked Goku in the face. Hit prepared to punch the speedy Pride Trooper. "Let's see if you can move fast in succession!" Before he could attack, however, Kunshi stopped his arm with his energy threads. "You're mine!" 

Goku and Dyspo momentarily glided through the air neck-and-neck with each other. "You're really fast! I can see why you gave Hit some trouble." Goku prepared to use Instant Transmission, but before he could Dyspo appeared in front of him and punched him in the face, sending him flying backwards. "T-there's no time for Instant Transmission?!" Goku thought aloud. He grounded himself and halted. Dyspo appeared in front of him again and got ready to attack, but right before he did Goku beat him to the punch. "Now I've got you!" he shouted, attacking with an uppercut, and in the instant he was swinging his fist upwards he transformed into Super Saiyan Blue. Dyspo managed to dodge in the nick of time, although he was greatly surprised. "Huh?! H-he read my movements?" Goku smirked. "Heh. Your speed's impressive, no doubt, but your movements are too linear." He powered back down into the Super Saiyan God form. "So as long as I time my attacks right, beating you won't be too much of a hassle." Beerus smiled. "That's our Goku." "He even changed into Super Saiyan Blue for a moment when attacking in order to bring his power to its peak." Whis remarked. Meanwhile, even with one of his arms restrained, Hit wasn't having too much trouble fighting Kunshi. He deflected the Pride Trooper's energy blasts, although they sent up a lot of smoke. When the smoke cleared, Hit looked down to see more energy threads laying on the ground in a wide circle around Kunshi. Kunshi grinned. "I'm impressed that you knocked all my energy blasts away!" Hit glanced down at the energy threads. "What's this? You've put trash everywhere." Kunshi snickered. "Touch it if you think it's trash!" "Will it explode if I do?" "Exactly." "So it's an impregnable defense." "Hee hee! You may stop time with your Time-Skip ability, but you won't be able to get anywhere near me!" "I don't intend to." Kunshi's eyes widened. "What?!" "I'll make it quick." Hit said, and he threw a punch that had so much force it sent an invisible shockwave forward that nailed Kunshi in the chest and made him fall to his knees. 

Back at Goku's location, things weren't going too well- Dyspo pushed him back more and more until finally Goku ended up side-by-side with Hit again. Goku grimaced. "These two are pretty tough." "Son Goku. Let's trade places." Hit said, and then he attacked Dyspo. Dyspo grinned as he charged, thinking that he'd easily counter Hit's Time-Skip just like he had each time before- except Hit didn't use Time-Skip. Instead, he simply punched Dyspo in the gut so hard it caused Dyspo to cough. "How did you-" "I used the same muscle movements I use when I perform Time-Skip to lure you in." "You pretended to use Time-Skip so that I'd attack and then you countered it?!" Dyspo asked, shocked. Goku, who was fighting Kunshi, smiled. "Wow, Hit. Not bad!" He refocused on Kunshi in an instant. The Pride Trooper grinned. "I'll use my attack on you now!" He quickly spread his explosive energy wires outwards in front of him. Goku remained confident. "Don't think it'll be that easy!" He turned Super Saiyan Blue. "Careful!" Hit warned, "Around him are-" "It doesn't matter!" Goku interrupted, charging forward. Kunshi laughed. "You fool!" Goku touched every wire in his path, and all of them exploded. But while Kunshi thought he had won, he hadn't- Goku burst forth from the smoke, completely fine. "What? He's crazy!" Kunshi exclaimed, spreading out even more threads into the air. He moved them towards Goku, but the Saiyan with the power of a god simply kept blowing through them without getting a scratch. Then, he punched Kunshi into a boulder and began to fire energy blasts.

Back with Hit, Dyspo attacked the assassin, thinking that he'd go for another normal attack- but instead Hit used Time-Skip and nailed Dyspo in the jaw with an uppercut. Dyspo slid back, stopped, and looked up. "I-it was a Time-Skip?!" "That's right." Hit said, "Which will it be next? Use your ears and listen carefully." Dyspo's mouth hung wide open in shock. Champa grinned. "Dyspo's getting confused." "In battles of incredible speeds like this, a moment's hesitation spells defeat." Vados remarked. Hit continued to pummel Dyspo over and over until at last Dyspo fell to his knees. Hit stared down at his opponent. "This fight is over. Jump off the fighting stage yourself. If you can't stand..." Hit grabbed Dyspo by an ear, "I'll make you." "T-the word 'surrender' doesn't exist in the Pride Trooper dictionary!" Dyspo retorted. "Then I'll end it for you." Hit said, tossing Dyspo towards the edge. But as Dyspo flew through the air, energy ropes burst out from under a pile of rubble and snared him, and Kunshi leaped out, pulling his comrade's arm over his shoulder. "Dammit!" Dyspo exclaimed. "Retreat and wait for the chance to strike back." Kunshi said, "I'll take him down with me." He stood up and charged Hit, but then Hit used Time-Skip to appear behind him. "Take this pain down with you instead." Kunshi's eyes widened as Hit struck him in the back and sent him flying over the edge. "Kunshi!" Dyspo yelled, "Dammit!" Without another word, he turned and disappeared. And Goku and Hit? They simply parted ways for the time being, both fighters smiling as they walked away from one another.