Chapter 63: The Amazing Mountaintop Sparring Match (Part 2)

"Here I go, Dad!" Gohan shouted as he and Goku rushed each other. Yamcha recovered and was about to jump in when all of a sudden Tien appeared in front of him. Yamcha smirked as he jumped back. "Heh heh... Hey, Tien! It's a recreation of the World Tournament. But this time, I'm not gonna let you off the hook like I did last time." Tien smiled confidently. "No need, Yamcha. I'll defeat you outright this time around!" He fired a Tri-Beam and Yamcha was sent flying, but then Marorizu appeared next to him and grabbed his arm, spinning him around. "Let's do this, Yamcha! Don't let me down!" she said as she hurled him at a shocked Tien. Yamcha kicked him in the face and he went flying backwards, but managed to roll, jump, and ultimately land on his feet again. Tien smiled. "Heh. You two really can work as one. I'm impressed!" Marorizu landed on the ground and appeared next to Yamcha, clapping him on the shoulder. "Nice work." Yamcha laughed. "Thank you!" Piccolo chose that moment to attack, but Yamcha blocked his punch, and Marorizu kneed him in the gut. Gohan noticed this, and his eyes widened. "Piccolo!" He clenched his teeth as he turned his attention back towards his father, whom he briefly incapacitated by ramming his fist into Goku's stomach and then shooting him in the face with an energy blast. Yamcha looked at his wife. "I'll take Goku." Marorizu nodded. "I suppose I'll fight Gohan, then." They both vanished, appearing between Goku and Gohan.

Marorizu attacked Gohan while Yamcha stared down Goku, both of them smirking. Yamcha looked confident as could be as he prepared for the fight. "Goku! You wanna go at it for a little while, for old times' sake?" Goku smiled. "Man, we haven't fought in forever. Let's both do our best!" "Deal!" They both charged forward. Yamcha and Goku rushed around the mountain, going back and forth over and over until finally Goku jumped back a little and fired a Kamehameha. Yamcha retaliated with his own Kamehameha, and the two energy waves clashed, then exploded. Both fighters charged again, trading blows over and over, until finally Yamcha switched things up: "Kaio-ken times 3!" A red aura surrounded him, and he quickly shot forward in the blink of an eye, hitting Goku at a speed of 5 hits per second. Goku finally had enough and let his power burst, nearly sending Yamcha flying, although the latter managed to stay put. Goku finished letting his energy flow out, and then he cracked his neck, smirking. "Phew! Not bad, Yamcha! Let's keep going!" "My thoughts exactly!" They continued their battle, however just when it seemed like Yamcha was getting a slight upper hand due to using a high Kaio-ken multiplier, Tien appeared behind him and attacked, and Yamcha was forced to focus on him instead. Goku looked like he was about to fight as well, but Gohan began to fight with his dad, and Piccolo fought Marorizu. 

Goku and his son rose into the air as their battle grew more and more fierce. Marorizu noticed this and looked towards the others. "Yamcha! Tien! Piccolo! Maybe we should just let Goku and Gohan go at it for a while." The three of them agreed and stopped, and they all stood beside Master Roshi, Pine and Chiaotzu as they watched Goku and Gohan fight it out. Gohan began to win, pummeling Goku over and over. "Dad, please get serious!" After taking a couple hundred more hits, Goku obliged and turned Super Saiyan Blue, then fired a Kamehameha down at Gohan, who blocked it. The mountain, however, was blasted to rubble. Yamcha shielded his face with his arms. "Whoa!" He peeked over his arms and shouted at Goku and Gohan: "Guys! Try not to destroy the area or the Earth while you're sparring, OK?!" If either of them heard Yamcha while they were duking it out, they didn't show any sign of it. They just kept going and going, evenly matched until finally Gohan landed an uppercut to Goku's jaw, sending him farther up into the sky. Goku stopped himself and powered up further. "Kaio-ken!" A red aura shot up around the blue one, and Gohan revealed a small grin. Goku's power-up shook the entire Earth for a moment, and he took a fighting stance. "C'mon, Gohan!" Gohan charged up into the sky, aiming straight at Goku- a white star shooting up towards a blue one surrounded by a red flame. 

Their collision was so violent and bright that the others had to shield their eyes again, turning away to avoid the blinding light. The ground under their feet rumbled. Clouds parted. A sound like rumbling thunder being magnified 100 times over filled the air, and then just as quickly as it had roared, it fell silent. The light died. Everyone looked up to see Gohan, his punch aiming towards the sky, and Goku below him, with Goku's punch aiming straight ahead. A few seconds passed, the tension in each one unreal. Finally, Gohan's aura dispersed, and he turned around as the Kaio-ken aura around Goku fizzled out as well. Goku turned to face Gohan, who, even though his eyes were closed, yelled in effort and threw a punch- then stopped short right before it connected with Goku's face. Gohan faltered and began to fall towards the ground below, but then Goku caught him in both arms, touching down lightly on the rocky soil. There was a peaceful smile on Gohan's face, and Goku smiled down at his son. "From now on, Gohan, let's both go beyond our limits. Together."